First day out with the expanded family fleet

tpenfield

Staff member
My brother picked up his 'new to him' Grady White 222 today and despite the rough water conditions, we had a good day on the water.

As we were traveling to the area where we would raft up for the day, we each got some decent pics of out boats going through the choppy waves.

My brother's GW 222
IMG_6434.jpg

Here is my F-330 a bit air borne . . .

IMG_6424.jpg

We rafted up and everyone went in the water and enjoyed the day. The Grady is a really solid boat. I had not really examined one up close. Built like a tank . . .
IMG_6418.jpg

The Ice Cream Boat came by, which was the highlight of the day. :D
IMG_6422.jpg

First time we got the ice cream on the water, everyone thought that was really cool.
IMG_6421.jpg

Anyway, after seeing my brother's 'new' Grady, I think that brand will be on the short list for the 'next' boat.

Attachments

• IMG_6415.jpg
    IMG_6415.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6424.jpg
    IMG_6424.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 0

LiquidC

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Both are nice boats.

Where were you on the Cape? My kids would love that ice cream boat.

I haven't ventured down to the Cape yet, been hanging around Fall River & Mt. Hope Bay. I'm hoping to get down there at least once this season.

Colin

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A great family day pics, Ted. Your brother's GW is looking good, too. Glad that all worked out for him.

I see more trips to the Ice Cream barge coming up! :D

tpenfield

Staff member
We were over at Bassetts Island near Red Brook Harbor. I think the Ice Cream Boat is a new thing as we have been there in the past and not seen such a thing.

The Grady is working out nicely so far. . . it did receive its first case of dock rash on the second day though :eek: . . of course I had the sage advice after the fact . . . "don't approach a dock any faster than you are willing to hit it" :) . . . we have all been there and done that.

southkogs

Staff member
The Ice Cream Boat is cool ... and probably a little pricey :)

Nice lookin' boats. Glad y'all had a good time.

aspeck

Staff member
Grady's are VERY solid boats. our local fish commission owns them and they have a hard time destroying them! Great pics. Thanks for sharing!