Selling my boat, whats it worth

trailshredder

Petty Officer 1st Class
Trying to get a ballpark idea what I should ask for my Freedom Boats Mach 1 Condor 2350? It a 23' cuddy, Merc 7.4L Bravo, Captain choice exhaust, all teak re-done, gimbal bearing, bellows, carb rebuilt, impellor, Vanguard tandem trailer with new tires, color fish finder, ship to shore radio. Ready to go.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
In my neighborhood a 26 year old boat like that would bring between $3000 and $6000 depending on condition, and how well it shows.

tpenfield

Staff member
You might get $6-7K NADA is $5400, but that tends to be low on older boats that are well maintained.

RGrew176

Commander
There is an old rule we used in Real Estate that could apply here. Its simply that a home or in this case a boat is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it. Yes, there is data out there such as NADA's Blue Book that can give a value but its only a number. The boat I am in the process of buying the seller was asking 19,900. I offered $14,000 and after bantering back and forth we settled on $16,000 pending a successful survey and sea trial. The process is ongoing with the 2nd sea trial upcoming next week. The first sea trial did not go as planned as the port engine would only make 2200 RPM. After some work the engine is now supposedly running as it should so we will sea trial again and finish the survey and I am hoping to soon be a boat owner again.