1975 Ranger Barn Find

I bought a 1975 Ranger Bass Boat this weekend that deserves some investigation. It is the only Inboard / Outboard I can find on any web sites. I am planning on restoring

EDIT: Steve, please check your private messages. Thank you

It is a classic and I want to do the right thing with it.

Thanks for any help, Steve from Minnesota

Last edited by a moderator:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
It almost sounds like your advertising. It is only going to have value to someone who falls in love with it, if you like it, restore it and enjoy it. There are plenty of us hanging around that can help you with a restoration. A 1975 boat, unless a special race boat or something of that nature is not going to have much historical value.

Sounds like what you have there is an old 175 I/O series boat. Link to an set of articles:

http://www.bassboatmagazine.com/threads/old-bass-boats-1975.18451/

Unique in the history of bassboats, but not really anything special

Link to the 75 ad brochure, showing the 175 I/O

http://bassfishingarchives.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/1975-Ranger-Ad-Comp-2.jpg

Last edited:
EDIT
I'm sincerely trying to do what is best with this boat. No one has shown me a picture even close to this boat including the advertising you sent me. I still believe this boat is rare and am proud of it . Good luck

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
EDIT
I'm sincerely trying to do what is best with this boat. No one has shown me a picture even close to this boat including the advertising you sent me. I still believe this boat is rare and am proud of it . Good luck

Okay Steve,

Good luck on your quest, my 40 years of experience tells me otherwise, but I hope you find what you are looking for.

One thing you might do, is take some pictures of the boat you have in your possession and let us know what it looks like and then we might be able to give you a better direction to go.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Steve

Rare, unusual or not, solicitation and advertisements arent permitted in the open forum.

Please refer to the forum link in my signature and read the forum rules and guidelines found there.

And please check you PMs

Thank you