New or used?

pckeen

Commander
Congratulations on the new boat! That could well be a boat you'll use for the next 20 years, and with those payments, it sounds like a great deal.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
We need folks to buy new boats so that there is an ample supply of used boats in the future. :thumb: :)
I have ample garage space and have 8 vehicles under cover now. My son is currently building a barn that should hold 8 more. My oldest craft turns 57 this year. Not likely you'll get any of my pristine boats until after I die.....LOL.....and then again some may be donated to Clayton...

Thalasso

Commander
Against everything I have heard I went NEW. I bought a new yamaha 192 sx for payments around 235 a month. I expect to pay the boat off in two years tops.

Reasons I went new
~yamaha had great incentive - 2.9% finance and a warranty on the boat
~no worries on a boat that has had some unknown damage

I was looking for a jet boat because I really like the jet boat features, and a used yamaha jetboat isn't that much less that a new boat.

I expect to have a bunch more questions on this site. Thanks for all the input and we;ll see if I think I made the right choice in a few years.....

At least you bought a top of the line Manuf

210 hp Supercharged? Do the maintenance required.

Last edited:

cptrick3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I like old boats because I can work on them. Carbs and Thunderbolt ignitions and I'm good to go. My current boat is a 1994 Chaparral Signature 24 and I love it. My previous boat was a 1984 Bayliner 28 command bridge. Served me well for 10 years. Now owned by a neighbor that takes better care of it than I did.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Congrats on the purchase...more than anything I'm sick to death of talkers than never do what they say...I'm surrounded by them in real life it seems. I just picked up a Yamaha Waverunner earlier this summer that only had break-in hours on it with the Supercharged engine which was the case mentioned above where someone bought it and life got in the way. It's a great power plant. The Yamaha engine requires little preventative maintenance for a while. Stay out of the weeds and of course don't operate the boat in shallow water contrary to what one would think a Jet is supposed to do.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
Congrats on the purchase...more than anything I'm sick to death of talkers than never do what they say...I'm surrounded by them in real life it seems. I just picked up a Yamaha Waverunner earlier this summer that only had break-in hours on it with the Supercharged engine which was the case mentioned above where someone bought it and life got in the way. It's a great power plant. The Yamaha engine requires little preventative maintenance for a while. Stay out of the weeds and of course don't operate the boat in shallow water contrary to what one would think a Jet is supposed to do.

Yep. I ran into one of the talkers on another site, and bought his boat out from under him while he dithered (happened to be looking at the same boat, and happened to see his yammering on the site). Have to say, it felt kind of righteous, although maybe a little nasty.

mrasmussen -- enjoy that boat. sounds like fun. And if it doesn't work out quite right, grab a different one.

Last edited: