IN NEED OF MANUALS

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Other than getting lucky on Ebay, nope, you need to remember most boat manuals were not much more than an overview of boating and general systems contained on boats. Normally just general information on care and such. The manual you need to pick up is the service manual for the drive system that is on the boat will be far more productive for you than the original owners manual included from the factory.

thumpar

Admiral
What MTboatguy said. The original manual won't do you much good, especially if you need to fix something. Find the drive/engine manuals. Those are not boat model specific.

rkenoksienik

Recruit
thanks for responding...I wish I at least had the original manual so I would know more about the boat...do you know where I can find any info??

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Look on the boat manufacturer site. They may have archives. Or call their customer service department. I downloaded my searay info from the searay site, I was emailed my cruisers info from the customer service department at cruisers.

bjrogers

Recruit
My boat manufacture is out of business. If anybody knows the whereabouts of a manual for a 88 Cris Craft Amerosport 250 I would be greatly appreciative. This boat has a onan genset, 5.7l mercruiser an hot water heating system, fresh water system, and may other things that I haven't figured out yet. Any help would be great!

Last edited by a moderator:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
My boat manufacture is out of business. If anybody has a manual or knows the whereabouts of a manual for a 88 Cris Craft Amerosport 250 I would be greatly appreciative. This boat has a onan genset, 5.7l mercruiser an hot water heating system, fresh water system, and may other things that I haven't figured out yet. Any help would be great!

If you have an Onan, then get a hold of them, the 5.7, you can get a hold of Mercury, they are the ones that are going to be the ones to get you the information you require.

Boat manufactures are just that, they build boats, they don't build engines, they don't build generators, they use other peoples parts to complete their boat.

Start getting a hold of those who made the parts to make the boat whole.