1979 Lafette, help ID boat

LAcustoms

Seaman
I just bought this boat, all it has on registration is 1979 Lafette. I'm not having much luck on google. Anyone have any ideas?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
She is kinda cool.

Wonder if she is a Lafayette or a Lafitte? :noidea: A quick Google search yields nothing real for either .

Being a 1979, she should have a HIN and the first three letters will ID the boat builder.

LAcustoms

Seaman
She is kinda cool.

Wonder if she is a Lafayette or a Lafitte? :noidea: A quick Google search yields nothing real for either .

Being a 1979, she should have a HIN and the first three letters will ID the boat builder.

First 3 of hin: GMD

Last edited:

LAcustoms

Seaman
She is kinda cool.

You may have figured it out. Jefferson Lafitte Skiff. I emailed them earlier and they are looking in to it. I have searched over the boat and cant find a HIN on it so Im not sure they can help though...

LAcustoms

Seaman
Well Jefferson cant/wont help since my HIN comes back as Belle. They wont even tell where they put their HIN on their boats...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
A HIN plate/sticker/mold should be on the starboard stern area and readily visible for the law to see it. In some cases it could be on the upper side instead of the transom and very close to the transom.

LAcustoms

Seaman
A HIN plate/sticker/mold should be on the starboard stern area and readily visible for the law to see it. In some cases it could be on the upper side instead of the transom and very close to the transom.

yeah, i cant find it there and nothing looks filled in or removed from that area.