I think my fuel tank is shot

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Sealing can work for pin hole leaks in a structurally sound tank but a larger hole, not so much...

I strongly suggest replacing the tank with another aluminum or a plastic tank in the correct size n shape...

If by flexible tank you mean bladder.... Those need a protected resting place.... No edges or points.... Also they need to be firmly secured so they can't flop around... Not the best for an installed tank replacement.

jwws9999

Cadet
thanks, I was going to place the flexible tank inside the failed tank. It's a 170 gallon tank, and I'm really hoping to not have to cut floors and walls to get it out

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
I don't think that's a good plan... Your tank is compromised, has baffles inside, and isn't designed for a bladder in it, IE sharp edges inside are very likely.... Fraid ur gonna have to do some cutting.

tpenfield

Staff member
Yes, I agree . . . 170 gallon aluminum tank probably has 6 or 8 chambers inside the tank. Very different that a small tank which would be unobstructed.

jwws9999

Cadet
than I may go with a moeller 111 gallon tank that will fit inside, and take alot less cutting than removing the entire tank

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
If you want to cut less floor and install a smaller tank just remove the old tank in pieces.... Def get the old one out tho... Just make sure you research the installation instructions on the new tank... You may need to either frame or foam it in.