Fun liner

Allen Scruggs

Recruit
Not sure if this is the right place to post this but a newbie here. I purchased a 1987 fun liner boat with a 3.0 mercruiser in it but I can't find anything on line about it I googled the hull number off the title but no matches. Was wondering if anyone knows anything about where I can get info on it thanks in advance

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Welcome aboard.

The only Fun Liner I know of is by Aristocraft, but '87 is too late in their history. Googling the HIN won't get much as you found out.

What is the HIN? We might be able to get some info for you. Got any photos?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Try googling Fun Boats Funliner

Incorporated in 1987, dissolved 1989

Based in South Carolina

What info are you looking for? Owner's manual or boat specific info is likely not available, most are extremely generic anyway.

If you can find a serial number on the motor, you can probably get lots of info on the Mercruiser, start a topic in the Mercruiser I/O forum.

GA_Boater

In my continued Googling, I also found a Maverick boats that made Funliners. The HIN will tell who made it.

jbcurt00

Staff member
They were SO much fun, those funliners, everybody wanted to make one :)

Yep, if you don't want to post the whole HIN, the 3 letters at the beginning will produce the maker here

And if it is in fact a 1987 boat, the HIN is 12digits and the HIN decoder here should decode it. The last 2 digit should be the year of manufacturer.

GA_Boater

Could the first number be an "I", eye? HINs are notorious for bring wrong on state paperwork.

jbcurt00

Staff member
In my continued Googling, I also found a Maverick boats that made Funliners. The HIN will tell who made it.

Mystery solved. ail plugged into the MIC manufacturer list I posted above produces Maverick boats. Change the 1 to an i and plug the HIN into the HIN decoder I posted above yields details about it beimg a 1987 Maverick boat.

Congrats, lots of these questions never produce results.