Lorrance x135

opto55

Seaman
Not working properly. Worth fixing or should I buy a new one. If I buy a new one will the transducer and power be able to connect?
Thank you

gm280

Supreme Mariner
That solely depends on how much you like that unit. If you really like it and are willing to have it repaired, then go for it. If you would like a newer unit with additional features, then buy a newer unit. As for the power and transducer working. That really all depends on what new unit you buy and if the new unit is transmitting on the same frequencies... Seems the Depth Finders/Fish locators have taken on a whole new life these days. And with each new capability, the old stuff becomes obsolete quickly. Therefore making the consumer buy new things with each update. Marketing, you got to love how they treat consumers these days... :facepalm:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Seems the Depth Finders/Fish locators have taken on a whole new life these days. And with each new capability, the old stuff becomes obsolete quickly. Therefore making the consumer buy new things with each update. Marketing, you got to love how they treat consumers these days... :facepalm:
Yep, most new big box store fish finders are full of trade marked gimmicks that have little to do with performance. I don't know how we caught fish w\o such things as "selfie mode", "upload to friends" and an assortment of other features more appropriate for a video game box than a sounder.....lol

lmuss53

Lieutenant Junior Grade
They are very hard to get fixed and unfortunately a generation or maybe 3 old at Lowrance and no longer the current transducer, frequency and connectors will be different on a new unit. One answer is to buy a stray head unit only on ebay, your cables are plug and play with any "Blue Connector" unit. I was in the same boat last year when the GPS puck died on my LMS-480, I bought an Elite 7.