Water in ski locker...

jbuszkie

Cadet
I just recently got a 2005 regal 1800. there is a ton of water in the ski locker? What can I do to get the to drain? it looks like it's suppose to drain into the next section which has the gas tank then into the bilge. I tried a coat hanger from the bilge but it hit something which I can only assume is the gas tank.
now there is no way to get at the gas tank compartment fully.

Any thoughts on how to get this to drain again?

Thanks,

Jim

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
just had one at the shop,owner could not get it to drain,neither could I. No amount of poking and prodding would get it to open up. felt like rocks were in the way.
I suggested he install a bilge pump,or a drainplug,the type you install from the inside. Don't know if he did,but I would have did the drain plug as I never leave it in for to long between lakes.

JackBronson

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It should be able to flow from the locker back to the bilge but it won't necessarily if the boat is level as the water will of course find level. If it's on a trailer try raising the front of the trailer way up. It may take some time for the water to flow back to the bilge. And dont forget to remove the plug.

Speaking of plug and water in the ski well, I know this because I almost sank my 87 StarCraft after, you guessed it, forgetting to put the plug in before launch one time. Me: "Huh. How'd that water get into the ski well like that....THE PLUG!!".

jbuszkie

Cadet
The water in the ski locker is like 5+ inches above the drain hole to the back. There is no water in the bilge by the front drain hole where the locker should drain into.

I can check the level.. but my guess is the water in the locker is above the bilge.

UncleWillie

Captain
The Limber Hole (Drain Hole) going Aft, goes under the gas tank. Not through it.
A 48" 1/2 inch wooden dowel poked in that hole should make its appearance back in the area under the motor.
An inspection mirror and a flashlight might help in seeing what the problem is.

This is a major reason why you should always keep the bilge area spotlessly clean.