Speed O help

gm280

Supreme Mariner
:welomce: aboard FOur Winns No Losses. Good to have you join us...

First, some pictures of your issue would go a long way to explaining what you have to do to get access to the back of your speedometer gauge. I'm sure there is a way to either remove the gauge panel on your helm or to remove the actual speedometer gauge. And then you simple attach the little tube to the input on the gauge. The other end of the tube attaches to a pitot tube itself. So the water pressure is the only thing that goes to the speedometer gauge and not water itself like you would think... Hope that helps you out a little. But if you can post some pictures of your gauge panel and even a shot or two under the helm, we can offer further assistance... :thumb:

As you can see looking straight at the dash there is an indention at the top. Also, the picture beneath shows the speed o tube going into the back of the instrument cluster from underneath. There are two plastic nuts one in the picture that hold it down. Trying to figure out if I can somehow keep from taking the whole thing apart to push tube on speedo. My hands are too big to fit through the slot underneath to push the tube on the speedo

Attachments

• IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0846.JPG
    IMG_0846.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 0

southkogs

Staff member
That looks like the dashboard of a Ford car?!? Of course ... I'm used to looking at old boats :)