Mounting a Ladder on 2011 Tracker Pro Guide v16 SC

WBoweIII

Cadet
Looking for some advice.

I just purchased a Garelick 2 step transom ladder from IBoats for installation on a 2011 Tracker Pro Guide v16 sc

I found a post on the forums and the tracker pictured in the fourth reply is really similar to my boat but it looks like it is a bit deeper and also appears as though he may have been able to get bolts through all the ladders mounting holes.

(http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...ics/633271-mounting-a-ladder-to-aluminum-boat)

With mine I can only get all the way through on the top set of holes. Thinking I need to use sheet metal screws on the lower holes or tap them for a nice tight fit.

Wondering if anyone has ever done this or taken one of these Pro Guides apart? I might be able to get to the lower screws if I take the whole back deck apart but its a lot of work and I think there might be foam in the way.

Two pics are attached. Wondering if anyone has done this on a Pro Guide before. Is there anything inside that transom to screw into? Feels like something is in there but I cant tell.

Thanks any advice is appreciated before I go drilling holes

Attachments

• photo224229.jpg
    photo224229.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 1
  • photo224230.jpg
    photo224230.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 1

WBoweIII

Cadet
No Title

Didn't get any responses so I just went ahead and mounted the ladder.

Turns out there is nothing but metal in the Transom which is good. Saw others indicating older models had wood inside. Used 4 x 1/4 - 20 bolts on the top with rounded nuts and lock washers on the other side. The bottom brackets I used 1 inch #12 machine screws and tapped the holes so they thread in nice and tight. Also cut some rubber gaskets out for behind the brackets and the boat so if they wiggle at all it will not mess up the paint.

Overall I am really happy with the install and the ladder seems nice enough. Will see in a couple of seasons if it holds up.

Thanks and hope this helps someone else.

Attachments

• photo224353.jpg
    photo224353.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1
  • photo224354.jpg
    photo224354.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 1