92 BAYLINER 2002 TROPHY WATER INGESTION

Dwamp2006

Cadet
for some reason I have water coming into the 2 fish boxes in the rear of the boat. the drain goes out the back of the boxes but I have no idea where it goes. sometimes the boxes will almost fill and I will have to manually bail them. anyone know whats going on here? my bilge works and I don't see where the drains go for the fish boxes.

Tiki35

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, I have the same boat. It's a very common problem with the Trophy's of the 1990's.
Those are not drains. On your helm, you should have a switch for the Fishwell pump, but most of the time, the pump does work well or at all. It will get pumped out of the aft starboard side of the boat if the pump is working. The flsh lockers are a terrible design and they are not sealed properly so you will always have water in them from rain or washing the deck. If you have not already done so, you'll want to change out your stock scuppers with the ping pong ball type because water will come in through the scuppers when you have too much weight in the stern and will also fill up your fishwells.