It Was A Bit Rough Out There Yesterday

RGrew176

Commander
Saturday, June 27, 2015 will be one of those days to remember for those who live on or along Lake Erie. Yesterday we had sustained winds out of the Northeast running at 35 knots with higher gusts. The winds held all day and there was a lot of rain to go along with the wind. It would have been a bad day to be out on the lake in a small boat.

A friend of mine shot this picture of the Marblehead Ohio lighthouse. That is one rough lake and a great pic.

9ub32f.jpg

diggerdan17

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Holy smokes.... Deadly looking pic, it was nice on cluculz lake b.c., sorry to hear it was nasty out for you :(

jimbo_jwc

Ship Happens
No Title

This is from day before with all the rain and its muddy wonder what its going to look like with wind displaced water ? photo224132.jpg

Last edited:

RGrew176

Commander
All the rivers running into Lake Erie have been running high since the last rain a week or so ago. This latest deluge will only add to the volume entering the lake and that is great for lake levels. They will remain high for the rest of this boating season and possibly beyond.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
All the rivers running into Lake Erie have been running high since the last rain a week or so ago. This latest deluge will only add to the volume entering the lake and that is great for lake levels. They will remain high for the rest of this boating season and possibly beyond.

Do you really mean high, or are they just starting to get back to normal levels? The Great Lakes have been at record low levels for many years now.

southkogs

Staff member
That lighthouse shot is fantastic!!

I know weather can get rough, and that can cause problems for folks, but that is spectacular.

UncleWillie

Captain
They can't put anything on the Internet that isn't True!

MarbleHeadLightHouse.jpg

The MarbleHead Lighthouse on the right, is an onshore structure.

We get BIG Waves on the lake 20ft rarely, 50ft, Never!

Especially not off of Marblehead with only 30 ft of water Offshore, and a gradually sloping bottom up to the shore.
The big ones will break offshore and roll up to the rocks.

RGrew176

Commander
My bad. I trusted the source of the pic. I guess from now on I will have to do a bit of detective work before I post something. My apologies to this group.

southkogs

Staff member
LOL ... no wonder the photo was so cool! Manilov has been published in National Geographic. :photo:

Don't sweat it Rick ... I was rolling right with ya' :p