Looking at a glastron

Jjrracing

Recruit
So, for about a year my wife and I have been looking to buy a boat. Because I'm a guy I went full put and fell in love with a 1900esx regal. Comes in a 35-36k with everthing. Wife said no.
Although I'm not new to boating our familly is and she wants to make sure we will use it.
so, I found a 2011 glastron 185mx on Craigslist for 19k.
Needs some advice here..
good boat?
Good price?

tpenfield

Staff member
Welcome JJR -

The Mods will move the thread to the Boating forum . . .

You can check BUCvalue.com for boat values. NADAguides.com is also a resource, but not as good as others. Glastron is an 'average' boat, more on the economy side, but should be a good fit for a budget minded individual.

That boat was around $25K new . . . . $19K is a bit high . . . so maybe around $15K is more like it. Also check comparable boats for pricing and that will give you a reference point. Boats usually sell from the lower end of the range of asking prices for same/similar boats.

Also keep in mind that boats of that size/age/price are in high demand this time of year, so don't let a good deal get away from a little bit of money.

Last edited:

Slip Away

Lieutenant
Also keep in mind that oats of that size/age/price are in high demand this time of year, so don't let a good deal get away from a little bit of money.

Yes, Oats are selling well in that size.

You can get a brand new Monterey 186 Montura for just over $20K . Rather have that than the Glastron.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Where should this thread go? The Glastron owners group? Unfortunately there is no activity there.

Yes that is a good boat and seems like an OK price, is it fuel injected or carburated? They put the Volvo 4.3GL (carburated) in those 18' glastrons FOREVER and if I was spending that kind of money I would want FI.

jkust

Rear Admiral
Not for a single second would I consider the MX line of Glastrons and certainly not at 19k. Look at the inside of the gunnel on the MX...no storage, just fiberglass...a huge corner cut, one among several. Glastron is excellent at giving you some blingy speaker covers and then cuts the big corners. Monterey is a better product as mentioned above. I like some of the Glastrons, the are cheap and plentiful on the lakes just not the MX.