How do I clean vinyl seats?

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Well I got to use mine... I new the protectant was good stuff but I never would have bought the cleaner... After all cleaner is cleaner right? WRONG!.... First I cleaned and treated my new seat pad for my new 94 qt cooler... Yep good stuff but next came the surprise..

I decided to try the cleaner on my old stained up cooler and WOW! I've tried several cleaners that wouldn't touch it, especially the bottom inside.... I had just written that off as transferred aluminum and paint from cans rolling around...
Hit it with the 303 cleaner and to my disbelief the years of crud actually started floating away before I even scrubbed!

GOOD stuff!

Interestingly both of my bottles leaked too... The box was a soggy mess BUT I'm sure they'll have that issue corrected right away.

I chalk that up as stuff happens.... A machine out of calibration and a few bottles slip by before detection.

I have both lids about 1/4 turn tighter and they don't leak a drop now.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
OOH!!!!
I can't wait to try the cleaner on the bow of my MonteCarlo... The textured decks have always been such a pain to clean in the past... Nothing has worked except for pressure washing.

cjjjdeck

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would definitely followup whatever you clean with with the 303 Protectant to minimize the effects of the clears you used.

303 products, all great stuff!!!!

PM on the way!

Suprathepeg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Got mine in the mail, boat is at the shop this week getting the head done but once its back I'll try it out.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
I got a chance to spruce up the "friend boat" before the weekend. The biggest problem with my review is that I didn't take before and after pictures. I ended up with some before pictures of some things and some after pictures of other things. It was also very hot and I severely shortened my planned cleaning session. For a boater, I'm not too good in the heat.:fatigue:

There are two rust stains on the fiberglass I wanted to try. Using the 303 multi purpose cleaner, one came off very well and the other lightened up but did not come out completely. The one that didn't come out is on a textured area and I will give it another shot with a brush.

As for vinyl-there was also a rust stain running down the back of the front seat. It worked very well on this area. Kinda noticed that it seemed to work best on vinyl. So I hit a few other spots that wouldn't come clean with other products-especially the edge trim on the vinyl and the piping. I sprayed the product on and let it soak for a few seconds and it really did an excellent job. Even on a couple spots I figured would never come clean. I also forgot my brush, but it seems like that's the tool for the seat surfaces.

I didn't want to apply the protectant until the seats are fully clean. In the next week or so, I'll go down to the marina in the evening when it's much cooler (or in the very early morning) and give a more thorough clean up of the seats. No doubt it will do a great job on vinyl. I'll report back.

I'd give it 4 stars:star::star::star::star: on hard surfaces and 5 on vinyl. :star::star::star::star::star:

FWIW-I ran down to my local marine store and while I was there picked up the speed detailer. Haven't had a chance to use it, (because it was so dang hot, I couldn't get to it) but I have high hopes for that product and I'll add another review in this thread.

And, I'm planning on buying their fabric guard product from iBoats. I will review that product in the regular product review section.

thedinz

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Let it soak in a while and then use a soft brush if your crud has been on the seats for a long time.

I'll try that. I have cleaner and protectant. It makes it better but doesn't get it all.

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
I got a chance to spruce up the "friend boat" before the weekend. The biggest problem with my review is that I didn't take before and after pictures. I ended up with some before pictures of some things and some after pictures of other things. It was also very hot and I severely shortened my planned cleaning session. For a boater, I'm not too good in the heat.:fatigue:

There are two rust stains on the fiberglass I wanted to try. Using the 303 multi purpose cleaner, one came off very well and the other lightened up but did not come out completely. The one that didn't come out is on a textured area and I will give it another shot with a brush.

As for vinyl-there was also a rust stain running down the back of the front seat. It worked very well on this area. Kinda noticed that it seemed to work best on vinyl. So I hit a few other spots that wouldn't come clean with other products-especially the edge trim on the vinyl and the piping. I sprayed the product on and let it soak for a few seconds and it really did an excellent job. Even on a couple spots I figured would never come clean. I also forgot my brush, but it seems like that's the tool for the seat surfaces.

I didn't want to apply the protectant until the seats are fully clean. In the next week or so, I'll go down to the marina in the evening when it's much cooler (or in the very early morning) and give a more thorough clean up of the seats. No doubt it will do a great job on vinyl. I'll report back.

I'd give it 4 stars:star::star::star::star: on hard surfaces and 5 on vinyl. :star::star::star::star::star:

FWIW-I ran down to my local marine store and while I was there picked up the speed detailer. Haven't had a chance to use it, (because it was so dang hot, I couldn't get to it) but I have high hopes for that product and I'll add another review in this thread.

And, I'm planning on buying their fabric guard product from iBoats. I will review that product in the regular product review section.

muskyfins,

Thank you very much for a very detailed review! We are incredibly happy that you are pleased with the performance of 303? Multi-Surface Cleaner. We look forward to your reviews of the other products once you get a chance to use them. Please let us know if you ever have questions about our products and their applications.

Have a great day! :rockon:

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
Well I got to use mine... I new the protectant was good stuff but I never would have bought the cleaner... After all cleaner is cleaner right? WRONG!.... First I cleaned and treated my new seat pad for my new 94 qt cooler... Yep good stuff but next came the surprise..

I decided to try the cleaner on my old stained up cooler and WOW! I've tried several cleaners that wouldn't touch it, especially the bottom inside.... I had just written that off as transferred aluminum and paint from cans rolling around...
Hit it with the 303 cleaner and to my disbelief the years of crud actually started floating away before I even scrubbed!

GOOD stuff!

Interestingly both of my bottles leaked too... The box was a soggy mess BUT I'm sure they'll have that issue corrected right away.

I chalk that up as stuff happens.... A machine out of calibration and a few bottles slip by before detection.

I have both lids about 1/4 turn tighter and they don't leak a drop now.

smokeonthewater,

Can't thank you enough for the review! We are glad that you were pleasantly surprised with the cleaning power of 303? Multi-Surface Cleaner. We are currently working to correct the bottle issue and we do apologize. Please let us know if you ever have any questions about our products in the future.

Have a great day!!

rick3452

Petty Officer 1st Class
My Samples just arrived in ABSOLUTELY perfect condition, I'm looking forward to using them and will report back.....
A million thanks!!
Rick Fort Lauderdale

Last edited:

jerms234

Cadet
Gold Eagle,

Which cleaner and protectant are you sending as samples? I'm trying to locate this product locally and want to make sure I have the same stuff people are reporting as excellent.

Thanks,

Jeremy

oldjeep

Admiral
Last edited:

WOEISMEIGOTTA470

Petty Officer 1st Class
Any chance you're still giving away samples? Wouldn't mind trying it out and posting a review / before after pics... Thanks!
-Woe

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I ordered my 303 cleaner and protectant on amazon, due to them being prime items. Both bottles came perfectly packaged with no leaks or damage. I plan to use both products this weekend and ill do my best to get before and after pictures. My interior was fairly clean until this last storage season. We had highway construction going on so it was dusty as hell and the wind blew dust all over the interior for months, through the vents on my sunbrella boat cover.....needless to say, the whole interior vinyl is stained with dirt.

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
These 2
http://www.iboats.com/303-reg-Sup-Ae...iew_id.1186221

http://www.iboats.com/303-reg-Sup-Fa...iew_id.1185112

Locally you should be able to find at West Marine or a lot of boat dealers, I typically buy mine at the local Malibu dealer.

That's correct! We would be happy to get some more samples out to those willing to give them a try. Please just PM us your name/address and we'll get the order in. All we ask in return is some feedback in this thread.

Have a great evening!

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
I ordered my 303 cleaner and protectant on amazon, due to them being prime items. Both bottles came perfectly packaged with no leaks or damage. I plan to use both products this weekend and ill do my best to get before and after pictures. My interior was fairly clean until this last storage season. We had highway construction going on so it was dusty as hell and the wind blew dust all over the interior for months, through the vents on my sunbrella boat cover.....needless to say, the whole interior vinyl is stained with dirt.

Happy to hear the bottles arrived properly. We look forward to your feedback once you have had an opportunity to use the products.

Have a great weekend!

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I just came in from about an hour of scrubbing two of the seats with the 303 multi surface cleaner. I tried all forms of cleaning I could. Saturate, agitate, strong long agitation, wipe down. Repeat. 5 applications on each seat. I have to admit, I had high hopes for this product based on the reviews. I'm not very impressed. While it did clean the seats mildly, it did not remove much else but surface dirt. It did not remove any of the organic stains left by leaves that sat on the vynil all day, or spots left by bugs. It works the same as the 7 other bottles of pricey name brand cleaners I've tried. What makes me not so impressed, is that it did not work any better than the $0.98 bottle of no name glass cleaner. So I'm not real sure what to think, but I did not have the same results as other users.

Edit**
Don't get me wrong here, it did clean the areas that were not real dirty. But heavy areas it didn't make a noticeable impact, and that's really where I was disappointed. Since none of the other board of cleaners I have can do any different. :/

Last edited:

oldjeep

Admiral
I think most of the other users don't have the level of filth it sounds like you have. If you have let leaves rot on the seats then you might have to step up to cleaners that may also damage the vinyl.

rick3452

Petty Officer 1st Class
Ok, I was able to "test" 3 of the products..... First the Multisurface cleaner did a great job on my non-skid on my Deck Boat it really floated away the dirt.
I just had all new cushions made so did not need to test on the vinyl, however my wife made a complete set of canvas covers to protect my new investment. The 303 Fabric Protector worked, "and Smelled" way better than the product that I have always used. I used the 303 Aerospace Protectant on my new seats and it left a real deep luster and feels great. And today, I tried the 303 Speed Wax and I was totally impressed with that. I figured it would be just like Meguires Quick Shine, but it was far better. The only thing that I did wrong was to try it on a section that was in the sun, otherwise a real nice job. So far, very happy with the products..... Thank You! Rick, Fort Lauderdale