How do I clean vinyl seats?

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I did not let leaves rot on my seats. But after s few hours of a leaf sitting on a hot seat like while the boat is parked out front waiting to be used. They leave some discoloration marks on the vynil. Didn't come out. Also bugs like to leave spots here and there. And idk how filthy my interior can possibly have gotten from one winter season of dust being blown in my air vents on my cover.. But it seems to have stained the white seats which were previously pretty dang clean. Just didn't have great luck with the 303 cleaner with my particular situation. I take very good care of my stuff and keep it clean as well as I can. Just didn't realize the road construction dust was getting in those vents.

Last edited:

voodoochikin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I had some time to review my thoughts. I may have been a little harsh with my earlier statements. The areas that disappointed me are pretty bad, and may actually be stained through the vynil. You cannot expect a surface cleaner to resolve that. The places where surface dirt was prevelant the 303 returned the vynil to a bright white. In that regard I am happy. I'm going to try a different brush and clean more of the interior. 100* sun, humidity, and results less than I highly expected made for unrealistic results. I'll be back after the next attempt. Thanks!

TRAILN

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Spray Nine is the best vinyl cleaner I've seen. Truly amazing stuff

Suprathepeg

Petty Officer 1st Class
I tried out the 303 cleaner yesterday.

Firstly it is a good cleaner, it removed a lot of dirt etc but it isn't the miracle vinyl cleaner some earlier in the thread claimed. It took several applications to get most of the black mildew off the seats and it removed about 80%. So its not what some here have claimed however it is pretty good. I will try the protetant and let you guys know how I feel about it.

I am however really impressed with how the company has engaged the market with this on the forums. Great job!

oldjeep

Admiral
Before you put the protectant on, try setting the boat out in the sun for a while to help cook the mildew off and then clean it one more time.

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
I have to add a comment on 303 Fabric Guard. Last year I used it to repel water off my covers while my boat was in a slip on the lake for 5 months. During that whole time I never had any water build up in my bilge or any mildew problem. The boat stayed completely dry. Well, this year my wife bought a couple cans of some other repellent from Wally world. This stuff seemed good but after a couple rain storms, I noticed the covers were not repelling water. I had water in the bilge and mildew started forming on my vinyl cushions! I scrubbed the covers (again), used 303 Fabric Guard and all is well and dry. I will always use 303 from now on and will never have to do double work again!

Last edited:

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
I tried out the 303 cleaner yesterday.

Firstly it is a good cleaner, it removed a lot of dirt etc but it isn't the miracle vinyl cleaner some earlier in the thread claimed. It took several applications to get most of the black mildew off the seats and it removed about 80%. So its not what some here have claimed however it is pretty good. I will try the protetant and let you guys know how I feel about it.

I am however really impressed with how the company has engaged the market with this on the forums. Great job!

First, thank you for the friendly shout-out Suprathepeg, we appreciate it!

With regards to your using 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner, if your cushions had severe mildew stains than we would suggest using a bleach mixture (there is a great recipe on Sunbrella's website) or a cleaner that is used specifically to remove/kill mildew instead of 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner. If you're unsure of what you can and can't use on your fabric/vinyl, we suggest that you contact the material's manufacturer to see what they would advise you to use. 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner does not contain any pesticides, so it won't kill mildew if it's penetrated below the surface of the cushion which puts you at risk of a recurring mildew problem. Our Multi-Surface Cleaner is a pH neutral cleaner that is best for tough surface stains. We hope this helps!

poconojoe

Lieutenant Commander
When I bought my boat, the salesman told me never to use any products that contain ammonia on my vinyl. He claimed it would damage it by drying it out which causes cracking. He told me to use Spray 9 as a cleaner and 303 protectant afterwards. My vinyl always looks fabulous.

Suprathepeg

Petty Officer 1st Class
First, thank you for the friendly shout-out Suprathepeg, we appreciate it!

With regards to your using 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner, if your cushions had severe mildew stains than we would suggest using a bleach mixture (there is a great recipe on Sunbrella's website) or a cleaner that is used specifically to remove/kill mildew instead of 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner. If you're unsure of what you can and can't use on your fabric/vinyl, we suggest that you contact the material's manufacturer to see what they would advise you to use. 303 Multi-Surface Cleaner does not contain any pesticides, so it won't kill mildew if it's penetrated below the surface of the cushion which puts you at risk of a recurring mildew problem. Our Multi-Surface Cleaner is a pH neutral cleaner that is best for tough surface stains. We hope this helps!

Gold Eagle,

Bleach worked great on the first seat, I saved the second to compare and as I said I think 303 worked pretty good considering the level of stains. The good news is I sold those seats tonight so I won't need anymore bleach.

Recently, I've noticed that the white vinyl that I used to recover the interior pieces of my boat is starting to color a bit in the sun. Would your protectent help with this?

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
Gold Eagle,

Bleach worked great on the first seat, I saved the second to compare and as I said I think 303 worked pretty good considering the level of stains. The good news is I sold those seats tonight so I won't need anymore bleach.

Recently, I've noticed that the white vinyl that I used to recover the interior pieces of my boat is starting to color a bit in the sun. Would your protectent help with this?

Hi Suprethepeg,

303 Aerospace Protectant would absolutely protect your vinyl from discoloration due to sun exposure. You should apply the protectant to a clean, dry, residue free surface. Once applied, wipe the surface completely dry. Extra buffing with a dry cloth will actually increase bonding, repellency, and longevity. We do advise that you reapply every 3-5 weeks for maximum UV protection, which seems to be what you're looking for. If you would like us to send you some product to try out if you don't have some already, PM us and we'll get it to you as soon as possible!

PatinIdaho

Chief Petty Officer
No Title

Well i have tried the Cleaner and i worked pretty good i think.
My vinyl is VERY dirty and will probably take a bleach mixture to get it looking decent.
I used the cleaner on a seat and it came out looking good!.
WAY better then it was before and im happy with the results.
The dash pad looked better after cleaning with 303 also but you really can't tell from the pics.
Im going to need to use a brush tomorrow and go at it again.

I did not use the UV Protector yet as im not done cleaning!

Hopefully tomorrow ill have better before and after pics for every one.

Attachments

• photo226889.jpg
    photo226889.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 0
  • photo226890.jpg
    photo226890.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 0

WhataBunch

Cadet
I tried the 303 multi surface cleaner and had relatively good success. I believe my vinyl like some of the others has some mildew that will require a bleach mixture. But what I really like is the 303 aerospace protectant. After cleaning the interior, I applied the protectant and can tell a noticeable difference. My vinyl looks better and seems to actually feel softer. I also used the 303 protectant on the rubrail because it had that dark gray look instead of black. It made a very nice difference in bringing the color back there as well. A big thanks to Gold Eagle Co!

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
I tried the 303 multi surface cleaner and had relatively good success. I believe my vinyl like some of the others has some mildew that will require a bleach mixture. But what I really like is the 303 aerospace protectant. After cleaning the interior, I applied the protectant and can tell a noticeable difference. My vinyl looks better and seems to actually feel softer. I also used the 303 protectant on the rubrail because it had that dark gray look instead of black. It made a very nice difference in bringing the color back there as well. A big thanks to Gold Eagle Co!

Thank you for the feedback!! We appreciate you taking the time to post that.

With any mold or mildew, we recommend you consult the manufacturer of the boat/material to see what they would recommend. At the moment, we do not have a product that will do much for that issue.

With regular use, 303? Aerospace Protectant will help keep those treated surfaces looking new and lasting longer. Please let us know if you ever have any application questions for our products.

Have a great day!

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
Well i have tried the Cleaner and i worked pretty good i think.
My vinyl is VERY dirty and will probably take a bleach mixture to get it looking decent.
I used the cleaner on a seat and it came out looking good!.
WAY better then it was before and im happy with the results.
The dash pad looked better after cleaning with 303 also but you really can't tell from the pics.
Im going to need to use a brush tomorrow and go at it again.

I did not use the UV Protector yet as im not done cleaning!

Hopefully tomorrow ill have better before and after pics for every one.

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback with pics! We appreciate that you took the time to try our products and posted a review. Please let us know if you have any product application questions in the future.

Have a great day!

dpoff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I finally got a chance to try some of the multi-surface cleaner that I received.
I first tried it on a stained leaning post seat. It didn`t do much for the stain(I don`t know what caused it either) but it did bring up a lot of dirt on a seat that I thought was clean. I used a small hand brush using a circular motion and you could start seeing the dirt swirling up in the product. I think I said WOW aloud to myself!
The cleaner also took up some small rust spots around my anchor locker where rust from my old chain rubbed off while using it. (chain replaced today lol)
Nice product. Like someone else had mentioned, I may not have bought it off the shelf. I mean the name multi surface cleaner, everyone has this stuff under the sink, right? Not this Stuff!!!!

Last edited:

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
Thank you very much for trying out our products and for taking the time to post your feedback!! We are very happy to hear that you are pleased with the results of using 303? Multi-Surface Cleaner on the seat. Please let us know if you ever have questions about our products in the future.

Have a great weekend!

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
Hey everyone,

The link below will take you to our VIP Sampling program page. The VIP Sampling Network is a program recently launched at Gold Eagle Co to get some of our newest products in your hands in exchange for your honest reviews. As a program member, you will be periodically invited to choose products to receive, completely at no cost to you. This will be the platform we use moving forward to get samples out to everyone. It will take a little time to build a list of members to send products to initially so we anticipate samples for this program going out in the next few weeks. As that happens, we will update you on which of our items are available for review.

https://vipsampling.goldeagle.com/a/2272098024

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day!!

littlebuzz

Cadet
+1 but we may be a little biased...:eagerness:

Our old 303? Fabric/Vinyl Cleaner is now called 303? Multi-Surface Cleaner. We would be happy to get out a bottle of that and a bottle of 303? Aerospace Protectant to the first 5 people who reply to this post and PM us with your shipping information. All we ask in return is that you post a response in this thread about the use of the products within 30 days of receiving them.

If anyone has any questions about protecting surfaces of their boats, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Have a great day!
This might be exactly what I need. I too have rust stains on my vinyl cushions. Not sure how it happened. They were like that when I bought the boat last year.

Gold Eagle Co

iboats Partner
This might be exactly what I need. I too have rust stains on my vinyl cushions. Not sure how it happened. They were like that when I bought the boat last year.

Thanks for shooting us a PM - those samples will be out the door by Monday. We look forward to your feedback. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any questions about the products applications once you receive them.

Don't forget to get signed up for our new VIP Sampling Network for future FREE sampling opportunities.

Have a great evening!

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
Got my samples last week and on Sunday attacked the inside of the Bayliner. Much like dpoff said above ... stuff that didn't look that dirty: we got a buncha' dirt off of. The multi-surface cleaner is good stuff!

Nice products guys.