Fair price for 1984 Boston Whaler Sport with 1984 Evinrude 70 hp motor

JTKelleyiii

Seaman Apprentice
I have the opportunity to purchase a 1984 Boston Whaler Sport with a 1984 Evinrude 70hp on it. Boat is in excellent condition and so is motor.

My question is what is the value of a rig like this?

Has Bimini top, trolling motor, aluminum (I think) gas tank, depth finder, cover, etc..

Trailer is in good shape also..

Would appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

John

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Where are you and what is the asking price? Photos?

tpenfield

Staff member
I assume it is the 15' model, based on the HP of the engine . . . .

$6,000 +/-

The 13' models in real good shape with 30-40 hp go for around $4K

robert graham

Admiral
The Boston Whalers are really great boats but they do have an almost cult following and their prices usually reflect it....my brother in law had a very nice 15 footer with a 40 HP Honda outboard and sold it for $5500, which I thought fairly reasonable.....they just don't depreciate much...especially if they're kept in nice shape.

JTKelleyiii

Seaman Apprentice
Live in South Louisiana. $3500 is what he is asking.

Was his late Father-in-laws boat. He knows nothing about boats. I checked compression (great), spark (also great), cleaned carbs, put new fuel hoses on it and she fired up. Also changed gear case oil and it was clean. The guy is my boss so I was trying to hook him up. Drove his family around on the water and it performed well. His wife said it has to go so since I helped him out he asked me if I wanted it. Seriously considering it.

Looks like it never had much use and it has been covered all this time.

No doubt there is a cult following for whalers. Thinking of joining it!

b.gagnon

Master Chief Petty Officer
There is no such thing as a fair price on a Whaler! But in the Whaler world that would be a great price (as long as the hull's foam is not filled with water).......