Another one followed me home!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Just couldn't resist, the force was too strong!

Time to start thinning the fleet before the Admiral comes up with a dishonorable discharge!
But at $450.00 I just couldn't pass it up.

Last edited by a moderator:

alldodge

Staff member
Not bad for 450, I use the thing sometimes about it was a cheap parts boat. I get a look and then she says something about other stuff I have for parts and something about I could start my own parts store. Some time after that I think she says something like that was a real good decision or something like that... I zone out most the time :rolleyes:

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You guys better watch out or the Admiral is going to lock up your balls. :eek: Hitch balls, that is. :D

Nice Sea Nymph, bonz. Looks like she passed the leak test going by the water line on the bench.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks folks. Yeah she's not real happy with me ATM and made it clear something's got to go. But she knows what I did with the Lund and this one is in similar starting condition. Other than I don't have to remove all the rotted plywood as with the Lund.

I'll find out this weekend how tight she is as soon as I cap off the live well drain fitting, remove the jack plate and drop the old trusty 9.5hp Johnson on it. Yes I did also get the Live-well. Whether I put it back in is still up for debate.

Looking for this to be the temp fix until I get the Alumacraft finished. At least I'll be able to fish. Have also been looking already for a nice 35hp to hang on it.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
My admiral understands that in my house order of precedence is 1. the boats 2. The dogs 3 The admiral! Yeah--and the sun rises in the west.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, at my house I wear the pants...

I just have to wait for the Admiral pick them out for me :facepalm:

And what I say goes, as long as I repeat what she told me correctly....... else it gets the hose....

Another nice, cheap, snag Bonz

My Admirals ticked and she doesnt even have the correct boat total, let alone the motors situation....

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Nice score! She'll make a good small lake fishing boat for sure :thumb:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks, again. Though I did a real no-no tonight. After figuring how I was going to cull the herd I went out tonight to swap a couple trailers around. By myself. Big mistake. After getting finished I got scolded for it and then had to come in and take some aspirin and a nitro pill. Feeling better now. Another reminder that I'm not 30 anymore!

Yes I'm thinking it should be a sweet little fishing machine and for now am just going to do enough to it to make it usable. I'm thinking for now of just throwing a pcs of painted ply down and removing the console so I can fish out of it for this summer and concentrate of my Classic 16.

Captnzila

Cadet
$450.00 ya id deal with the wifes wrath couch surfin lol hell of a hull for the price well done and a big giant thumbs up on the sea nymph very SEXY! lol maybe why its named nymph!?

GA_Boater

Bonz - Since the wife is concerned, ask her to help. :eek:

But first things first - Take care of yourself, buddy.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Thanks GA_. She kinda has a right to be seeing as I've brought home 2 boats in 2 weeks. Neighbor jokingly asked if I was starting a marina in my back yard.
Yes I do need to watch what I'm doing these days and sometimes forget. After I was finished yesterday I was wiped out and probably should have had help.

Didn't get much done today though I did get the bunks and rollers all set on the trailer that is now under the Nymph Got the jackplate off and the lil Johnson on it so hopefully in the morning I can take it for a float test and check for leaks. I'll try and post up some pictures when I do it.

For now it's back to the Hockey game.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Bonz,

It is difficult for any of us to admit, we just can't do what we used to as fast, my wife saw me laying down in the yard the other day after I shifted things around and had to bring me a glass of water and a nitro pill, so unfortunately, I know exactly what you are talking about, don't over do it and I will work on me not over doing, after a few years, I don't like to see those I now consider friends dropping off the map!

Take it easy guys, we all have a lot of life ahead of us and I know for one, I would sure hate to miss out on it!

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
MT. Agreed.

I've been thru this enough to know when it's time and was about 15 min. away from 911 though I really hate that because the 1st thing they want to do is stick an IV in then shipped off to the cardiac unit.

For now I find myself with more projects than time. Priority 1 this Sea Nymph. 2, finish Rich Line and get it a new home. 3, continue on the Alumacraft. 4, no more projects till some are finished

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I've gotten the plywood cut and fitted for the deck and am sealing it right now. Today I should get the plywood cut and fitted for the bow pc. Still uncertain as to how I will arrange seats, whether I put the live well back in or pedestals.

On a sadder note, took it to the lake the other day for a float test and check for leaks. The bright side is I didn't see any leaks. Downside, as I was trying to start the lil 9.5 Johnson the wind kept pushing me to shore. When it started I didn't realize how far in I had been pushed and the prop must have been in the mud which then I think just spun the prop hub. Haven't had it back to the lake to check that yet.

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Accidents happen so don't feel bad, I'm sure those little props aren't too spendy.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Another sad part is I just sold a 9.5 for parts that had an almost new prop on it!

GA_Boater

Another sad part is I just sold a 9.5 for parts that had an almost new prop on it!

That's the hurt part. If you kept the prop, it never would have happened. Why do things go like that?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
That's the hurt part. If you kept the prop, it never would have happened. Why do things go like that?

I think that's just life's way of laughing at us!

Doesn't look I'm going to get much done this weekend, have to go work on a friends outboard today and Fathers day tomorrow so I'll be the 1st to wish all you mother lovers a Happy Fathers Day!.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Well here it is in the water! 1st picture is of that primitive launch I keep speaking about. Next are to show just how shallow it is. But she floats and doesn't take on any water so I guess that's a good thing. Also isn't as comfortable as the Alumacraft, in room or ride

GA_Boater

The trailer barely got wet. Tilters are nice for shallow launching.

Did the Pike Attack? LOL