My New Toon!

genesis78

Cadet
By new I mean built in 1968. 24 foot Harris Floate Boat. The guy across the street from me a retired mechanic and I would eat dinner off of that OB. Never saw a motor so clean when he took the cover off. Deck was replaced 6 years ago along with the furniture. He bought a new unused 2014 and when I saw the for sale sign on his old one I could help but ask. He had it listed for $3000 but offered it to me at $2300.

I can't decide of I should leave to 25hp on it or put the 50hp johnson from my old toon on it and sell the perfectly maintained 25 on my old one. I know it's not the 30K brand new rides many of you are sporting but I think I got a damn nice small lake sunset cruiser for the price.

I can't wait to drop it in!

http://imgur.com/a/0LWim

cptrick3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Looks great, Toons are to kick back and relax, I see nothing wrong with the 25.

genesis78

Cadet
Yesterday my FIL and me installed the base for the removable ladder on the bow. Then with the help of him and the really helpful guy that sold her to me I choose the worst day possible to drop her in. It was sub 50F, the lake was filled with steam/fog due to the temp drop and sideways rain all day. We finally dropped her in and I couldn't see a damn thing. I wear glasses, add them to rain and fog and I hugged the shore line just outside the perimeter of piers.

Due to the insane winds, new boat and my poor skill I ended up bouncing off the pier...I felt really bad because 1: the pier is not mine, it's public but I got permission from the person to built it to tie up to one side until I can build my own this summer and 2: The guy who owned the boat for the past 10 years was aboard. No damage to either but I still felt bad. The guy who built the pier told me he is going to sand and refinish it this year, I told him to let me know and I will help.

All said and done it was a horrible day to launch, I could barely see 20 feet in front of the toons the wind was blowing 30+ and I came home soaked to the bone and cold but she is tied up and ready for the summer. Tomorrow I have to go mow my father's lawn, buying the old owner some beer. I hope I can take as good car of her as he did....and stop bouncing off piers.

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
didn't know they make toons in 1968 - cool

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
That is sort of a 1968... :D Way more non-1968 parts on it. You got an absolute steal though! That pontoon is easily worth possibly double that.