Wellcraft Part Needed

rebskipper

Cadet
Does anyone know where I can get Wellcraft parts. Have a 2007 270 Coastal and need a Head Exhaust Fan Discharge Vent Cover. Need a replacement. Not sure who manufactures such an animal. It is round, white plastic, 4-5" in diameter.
Thanks

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
that's an interior vent......he said discharge... that would be exterior

Okay

In the RV business, those are actually called Furnace " Discharge" vents. In home furnaces they are called Furnace registers. It is plastic so it can be used inside or outside.

Last edited:

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
makes sense but I suspect he'll need something to keep rain out and ideally it should close when not in use like a dryer vent does.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
yeah I have 6 of em in mine too but he needs them to be automatic... you don't want to go outside and open a vent to use the head and back out when done...

There are several different products specifically for what he is doing but we need to see what he is replacing in order to find it for him.

ken51k

Petty Officer 3rd Class
See if you can take the fan out and find a manufactures name on it. If you can then contact them and hopefully they can get you a cover.

rebskipper

Cadet
I should have added that the bottom lip edge of the cover is open to allow exhaust discharge; otherwise sealed on the edges

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
well nothing is jumping out at me... how is this set up in the boat? ducted? through the side or top of the cabin?

there are LOTS of options though I haven't seen anything that looks like that pic... more angles and the backside would help.. also pic of where it mounts on the boat... measurements..... screw locations.... all pieces of the puzzle to help us help you find a suitable replacement.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I am with Smoke, I have never seen one like that, hard to tell how it works and mounts from that picture.

I even did a google search for that part number and it is one of the few times, no documents found for those search terms, so based on that number, it has not been on the web ever!

Last edited:

rebskipper

Cadet
Thanks for the replies. The head fan is ducted thru the starboard sidewall and the cover mounts on the outside starboard side directly on the fiberglass. It's made of plastic with two screw mounts so it's prone to being hit and falling off. If I can't find one I might try Macgyvering a stainless clamshell vent cover and screening if I can get the right dimensions

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
You should be able to figure something out, might not look the same, but if it serves the same function and does not look bad, should be good to go.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
That isn't the same thing you posted up....
That said, if it were my boat I wouldn't use that one either..... Since it isn't my boat tho, who knows maybe the o/p will.