First day out with new to me boat

NHGuy

Captain
Wish me luck. Going for a dunk & ride today. I've been polishing, adjusting, cleaning, insuring, registering and list writing for a month. Finally some boating, I hope.

tpenfield

Staff member
May the force be with you . . . post some pics when you can. :thumb:

Trim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Have fun. Still waiting on my first trip of season.

NHGuy

Captain
Hey tmark, I ain't a newbie, I have a new to me used boat.

NHGuy

Captain
Was a great day. Got registered, went to the sign guy and got bow numbers that match the OE graphics.
First dunk with the wife and this boat went well. I'm using a marina and day splashing. I used to have a slip with my other boat. We took a ride across ten miles or so in 15 to 20 knot winds to my wife's home town.
The Formula absolutely crushes chop compared to my other boat. It should though, weighs 4000 vs 2400 and has more deadrise.
I had to wait for a spot to tie up in Wolfeboro, must have jockeyed for 20 or 25 minutes in a crossing breeze. But I used that to advantage once docked, I went on the downwind side and didn't need any bumpers/fenders.
I think the Gen 2 drive is quieter than the plain Alpha 1. Has any one else noticed that? I have had 2 different A1's and both whine. Maybe the gears are worn. I don't think they are mis shimmed, I used the shimming tool to confirm. It was right on the gap that's required.