Insight about a Robalo WalkAround?

BigDog98

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking into purchasing a Robalo walkaround for my dad and wanted to know any pros and cons about them and what to look for when buying a used one. Im thinking about a 1995-1999 Robalo 2540 with twin outboards. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
great boats. however condition and maintenance will be key. follow the check list in the stickies

bobdec

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Agree with previous posts, they are great boats assuming good care, maintenance and no neglect over the past 16-20 years. Kept in water, trailered or rack stored makes a difference. Protected from the weather or left out, Also as said power is key factor, how old are the engines/hrs, at end of life or newer. I believe 150's were minimum it needs to perform, more would be better.

BigDog98

Chief Petty Officer
Agree with previous posts, they are great boats assuming good care, maintenance and no neglect over the past 16-20 years. Kept in water, trailered or rack stored makes a difference. Protected from the weather or left out, Also as said power is key factor, how old are the engines/hrs, at end of life or newer. I believe 150's were minimum it needs to perform, more would be better.

It has twin 150 and they are carbs. Owner says the boat does not have an hour meter but he would say 900-1000 hours. And he has agreed to do a compression test. SO i will inspect the motors to the smallest detail.