Capacity Plate

Coldtrain_1

Cadet
I just purchased an old boat from a co-worker. The boat is a 1979 Eldocraft 1520 Pro. The Capacity plate is so oxidized that I could just barely make out the boat model. All of the weight capacities have disappeared. If anyone could help point me in the right direction to get a replacement plate with the correct info, that would great. Thanks!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Coldtrain_1, there are lots of place to have such remade. I actually had designed my own and went to a local trophy shop and had them make the plate. They use a process called "sublimation" where they make a printable transfer and infuse it on a metal plate. The heat transfers the printed sheet onto the metal an dit looks amazing. Here is a before and after plate I had made...

boat-62.jpg
Yea I can see much either...
boat-63.jpg
This is what I ended up with... So look to your local trophy shop and see what they can make... not very expensive either...

JMHO! Others will offer their places too...

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Does your state require one? If not, rip it off and go about your day!

southkogs

Staff member
There's a little data about it HERE. Otherwise, I'm with smokingcrater. If your state doesn't require it - no biggie.

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,.... I boat in NYS, 'n Ontario Canadian waters,.... I've never had that plate, or a lack of that plate, Ever questioned,.....