best insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagfan72

Recruit
What are some of the better insurance companies out there for a cheaper boat? I really would like to avoid progressive, as they funnel a lot of their money to Leftists.

jkust

Rear Admiral
This one is new to me. What leftists? Progressive is the only company who has been able to appropriately price all of my powersports, boats, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles and associated trailers. Trying to place it with either of my homeowners companies showed me they (either of the HO companies) don't do well with powersports.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
My State Farm guy has been great. No one has been able to touch their rates. And I pay less than any of my boating friends.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
This one is new to me. What leftists?
There was a guy who was the CEO of Progressive until 2000 who donated his own money to certain causes. Now there is this viral story that goes around that people latch onto without researching the facts. That's all I am going to say.

USAA is a partner with Progressive when it comes to wrting new boating policies. I really don't consider USAA a leftist organization either. :)

Last edited:

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
:mod: Easy on the politics y'all ...
Was trying to keep it as neutral as possible. Has more to do with a viral story that has been making it's way around Facebook that people keep forwarding.

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
Ok-but you have to appreciate the irony of "progressive" and "leftists".:laugh:

SDSeville

Lieutenant
Has more to do with a viral story that has been making it's way around Facebook that people keep forwarding.

Thank goodness. I love my progressive policy. Full coverage with stated value for my restored boat for real cheap. Even with the local marina added as "also insured" and slightly higher liability as required by the marina.

Last edited:

milehighjc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Also found State Farm to be very competitive - they do have my Auto, HO, and Umbrella too, so Im getting multiline discounts.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
watch USAA if they farm you out. I just took on face value that I was going to be ok, but turned out I was paying about three times too much. Look up this guy over on The Hull Truth. I've used hiim in the past, good rates, good covereage.

pau-hana

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
All of stuff has been insured by progressive for the last 5 years, they have good rates.

As far as the politics, it is really not needed when asking about insurance... Come on!

Doesn't anybody read the rules before they sign up these days?

Last edited:

thumpar

Admiral
I am with Safeco for the boat. They have good rates. I used to have Progressive for everything but they kept increasing the price after 2-3 years.

airshot

Rear Admiral
Wow...that story is still going around? LOL

Not a story...look who owns it..... he will be bankrolling Hilliary as he did Obama.. and the biggest contributor to the anti gun people.....all with our "cheap" insurance rates. However he is not all that dumb....you see progressive does not participate in the Obama care program.

airshot

Rear Admiral
If your not wanting full coverage, just add the boat to your home owner policy

Why would homeowners ins not be "full coverage"? Mine is and has a clause for eco damage in case of sinking....just wondering

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not a story...look who owns it
Yes...stockholders own it. And the guy that prompted the story has been dead since 2013.

BTW, Progressve is an auto insurance company. Has nothing to do with health care.

Keep the politics out of this insurance discussion.

Last edited:

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
Come on people, stop with the political commentary in a thread it really does not belong in.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
The best insurance is the policy you buy. End of story since we can't stay on track. :facepalm: Of course it doesn't help when the OP starts by taking the left fork out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.