Summer just flew by! Just winterized...

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Went boating on Saturday for the first time this season, and now I just got done pulling the plugs and draining out my 4.3l I/O. Seems like the summer goes by faster and faster all the time!

weather1.png

Attachments

• photo221114.png
    photo221114.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

cptrick3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Where do you live? Alaska? Once had a friend that lived in a place called Kelly Bar Alaska, he said Summer usually fell on the last week of July.

Last edited:

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
North Dakota... We have had 80's a month ago, and a couple near blizzard snow storms since. My boat was covered with a dusting of snow this AM, luckily only down to 28 or so. 24 as a night low is too low to risk it without draining and/or heating the engine compartment.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Smoke, You should trade in that I/O for an OB. She will withstand freezing temps w/o any draining.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Have to agree, seems to me the past few summers have been cooler than normal. As A matter of fact I don't recall many if any 90+degree days last summer.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Being a former Northerner I feel your pain. Down here in southern Louisiana we have already had 4 or 5 days above 90 and expecting this weekend to be above 90. The next 3 months it will really get "warm" around here.

roffey

Commander
Kind of funny, here in Ontario, Canada the weather is great and has been since the end of April. Back at the cottage the kids next door have been swimming (to cold for me). Its shorts and short sleeve weather here. I'll try and send some your way.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Yep, looks like our forecast up here in WI just south of grub. Although, it's supposed to warm up during the week and make the 60s. We're still waiting for summer..... I have a bunch of lawns to mow today, heavier jacket for sure. Windy too....

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Smoke, You should trade in that I/O for an OB. She will withstand freezing temps w/o any draining.

Got an outboard also (well, a merc sportjet which is a v6 outboard powerhead with a jet pump below it.) Normally I don't get caught like this, and the I/O on this particular boat isn't normally a problem. (a deckboat with a big swim platform and sun deck on the back. I also much prefer working on an I/O vs a 4 stroke outboard.)

Also, you don't find outboard based deckboats any where close to my price range, all of those are relatively new to the market and still $$$$$. Looking at deckboats that are 15+ years old, and all you really find are I/O's.

Mule Laker

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Being a former Northerner I feel your pain. Down here in southern Louisiana we have already had 4 or 5 days above 90 and expecting this weekend to be above 90. The next 3 months it will really get "warm" around here.

90 degrees? I don't want to feel that pain.