Which should I buy 2003 Glastron SX195 vs Singray 190LX

easyloader

Seaman
I'm looking at two 19ft boats, a Glastron and stingray and both have the same 4.3 motor.
This is my third nineteen ft boat and it's the perfect size because I use it on a lake and in the bay.
The glastron is a better boat but the stingray has 250 hrs vs at least double on the Glastron. The glaston is selling 2k below NADA and the Stingray is at Nada.

One question which I need you help on is that I use the boat often in the bay areas where there are some chops.
Does anyone know which boat would handle the chops better and sits higher in the water?

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
my dad has a 2001 stingray 190ls and it's a great boat. However. It's a very light bowrider and the chop is felt more so in his boat vs my 20' Chris craft. I've never been in a glastron however if it's a deeper hull with more weight I'd say it has potential to handle the chop better. With that said the stingray is going to be a quick mover and it handles extremely well.
maintenance records on both are the same?

cptrick3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The hours make a lot less difference than how well the boat was taken care of. Any maintenance records?

easyloader

Seaman
The glastron has his maintained at the same dealer since day 1 even though he's the second owner. , The stingray is close to 300 pounds heavier and one owner not sure of the service.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
I've driven both, however the glastron had a 5.0 V8 and the stingray had a 4.3 V6. The glastron handled chop MUCH better than the stingray.

That really surprises me that the stingray is heavier, felt like a much lighter and smaller boat to me.

jkust

Rear Admiral
I will say from a broad-brush perspective...Stingrays m.o. back in those days was to build fast boats from average sized powerplants at the expense of rough water ride due to their hull design in a vacuum all else equal. If I were to look at the chop handling ability of two 19 foot boats, neither of those would make the list given what I mentioned above and the dry weight of those small Glastrons is only average. Given this choice however, I would select the Glastron. My 2003 sig boat for example is heavy and handles chop like a boss but it's slow by comparison to just about every other similar sized bowrider out there. The thing is, as I've gotten older and aside from my kids yelling to floor it all the time, I much more value rough water ride over top speed. Keep in mind the dead rise of what you look at as well will play a part too. There's lots of review of Stingrays, their speed and their chop prowess given the attention they received because of their cheep speed from only a 4.3.

easyloader

Seaman
I looked at both boats 2003 boats. Glastrons interior was rough . Not well maintained he even was going to start motor dry without water and thought nothing was wrong. Crazy for someone who had a boat for three years. Stingray with 250 hrs had oil changed every other year. spark plugs once, wires and impeller never.
The hunt goes on.
Thanks everyone for the input