Boat Horns

jkpell

Seaman Apprentice
Does anyone know where I might find a replacement horn for my Sea Ray. It is an ASC 84200 with 2 horns in the unit. I have found a single however the holes for two are already there...!
Also if anyone knows of a better replacement I am all ears, they currently sound like a sick duck! I am trying to tear them apart to see if I can fix them however I think they are a lost cause.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks! :noidea:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
jkpell, if your horns are still working, (okay making any sound), you can loosen the nut around the adjuster and tune them some what and see if you can get a better sound out of them. That is if they are getting the proper voltage to make them work correctly...

jkpell

Seaman Apprentice

jkpell

Seaman Apprentice
jkpell, if your horns are still working, (okay making any sound), you can loosen the nut around the adjuster and tune them some what and see if you can get a better sound out of them. That is if they are getting the proper voltage to make them work correctly...

I tore them apart yesterday and when I put power to it, it still sounded like a pitiful wounded duck. They are a sealed unit and I didn't see anywhere that you could adjust them...hummm

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Maybe post a pic of what you're working with

When you said dual horns from the start I/we were thinking trumpets.

"Hidden" doesn't sound at all like trumpets tho.

cptrick3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm not a big fan of West Marine, everything they sell is overpriced but they do have a two horn set.