Questions about boat carpet.

sublauxation

Lieutenant
The first time I did my boat I used a cheap marine carpet from Fleet Farm and it got matted down pretty quickly. This time around I'm hoping to find something a little more durable. I've thougth about using Nautolex or something similar but my wife prefers carpet.

I was going to use the Cabela's Premium Carpet but it's only 14 oz carpet:

For an extra $3/running foot I found this stuff, and it's 20 oz.

Both are the same style and material. How much difference does face weight make? I'd guess it's pretty important, especially a difference of almost 50%

Anybody ever order from or know anything about bassboatseats.com?

Any other good places to get decent carpet at a good price?

I'm open to using a vinyl if anybody has any recommendations. I'm definitely going to carpet the raised front and back decks, if I do use vinyl I'd like to find a coordinating carpet.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I bought basically the same weight carpet for my trailer runners and side steps and I liked it a lot. I don't remember if it was from this same company or not, but marine carpet isn't made it too many different places these days, so it easily could be... JMHO!

sublauxation

Lieutenant
I bought basically the same weight carpet for my trailer runners and side steps and I liked it a lot. I don't remember if it was from this same company or not, but marine carpet isn't made it too many different places these days, so it easily could be... JMHO!

Was it 20 oz?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I have used the stuff from the store you mentioned and it has held up very well.