What are these parts called?

Bswiernik

Cadet
I need some help. The gasket from my flame arrestor to carb is broken, the previous owner used copious amounts of silicone to fix it. I can't find it online, but I might not be calling it the right thing. Also the plug on the out drive that covers the hole where you access the bolt for the lower anode. Looks like it should be a rubber grommet? Thanks.

97 4.3lx gen+ alpha one outdrive

alldodge

Staff member
I need some help. The gasket from my flame arrestor to carb is broken, the previous owner used copious amounts of silicone to fix it. I can't find it online, but I might not be calling it the right thing. Also the plug on the out drive that covers the hole where you access the bolt for the lower anode. Looks like it should be a rubber grommet? Thanks.

97 4.3lx gen+ alpha one outdrive

You don't need the gasket, your running on the water and don't have to worry about sucking in dirt. This is why you have a flame arrestor and not a air filter. Remove the silicone and put it together dry

If the plug your talking about is item 8, it's just a plug 19-824928001 plug.jpg

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
You don't really need a gasket under the flame arrestor but any auto parts store should be able to help. Air cleaner to carb gasket for 70's or 80's gm vehicles... Find one w same size carb

Plug on outdrive... Would serve no purpose....