Boat Wax

Tafflad

Chief Petty Officer
About 8 years ago I followed some advice here and bought Collinite Fleet wax and for the last 3 boats, cleaned hull with Collinite Fibreglass cleaner and then polished with Fleet wax.
Coming to the end of these products .............so time to buy new ........... is Collinite Fleet wax still as good as it gets, or is there now something better ?

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
This topic is sure to start a lively discussion.:eek:

Any way, I use the Collinite. Seems to last a long time. I have thought about others, but keep coming back to this on the advise of a friend who owns a boat detail business.

doyall

Petty Officer 1st Class
You can certainly find other waxes/polishes that are easier to use but ...

vans

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Meguiar's M6332 Flagship Premium Marine Wax

works well for me, easy on and easier off

Expidia

Commander
On the same vein my daughter was trying to get some green algae stians off her beige aluminum monarch before waxing. She only had some rubbing compound on hand so I said you can use it but dont rub too hard.

It worked some what but I could still see some green haze left.

What can we use on an aluminum boat to remove stains before waxing without harming its 17 year old paint which is still in great condition?

Will this package work for us?
http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Mari...s=Meguiar's+M6332+Flagship+Premium+Marine+Wax

Last edited:

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
Collinite. I had to Google that. Is it a regional product?

I think it's less regional and more of a professional product and used in the higher end circles. Almost kind of underground thing. A friend of mine owns a boat detail shop and turned me on to it.