To buy or not to buy 1995 Crowline 266 BR

Natesms

Chief Petty Officer
I'm betting it looks like this. Those blocks of foam weighed every bit of 40 pounds. Doesn't quite show the stringer rot will but they are toast.
Edit - 20 pounds. They were full of water is the point :)

Unfortunately it looks worse than your picture. After a lot of thinking and reading I think I am going to have to pass on this boat. Just too much time. Thanks for all the advise. I will definitely post when I do get a boat.

Natesms

Chief Petty Officer
Good call on passing on the boat. Since you were willing to put $8K into this one, you can find one for the same money that doesn't need all the work. Probably won't be 26 foot with a big block, but you can find something nice for that kind of budget.

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
Too bad, that's a real nice looking boat. But for $4500 + your $3k ($7500) you assume you'd put into it, you can find a turn-key boat for that and be in the water. Good call on passing.

thumpar

Admiral
My Crownline is not as big but I picked it up for right around your budget. It doesn't have a big block but does have EFI and a Bravo 1 drive. There is no work needed on it. Keep looking. I would just plan on buying a ready to go boat that fits your total budget.