14' Row boat ID, Crestliner?

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
I have acquired a 14' aluminum row boat and no idea exactly what it is. As best I can tell it's a Crestliner Commodore 14 by the measurements I've taken only all of the pictures I've found show that boat with 3 knee braces and this one only has one brace. I've looked at all material from 1954 to1962. The other thing I see is that the last two seat boxes don't match either.

All of the transom wood is already missing and I can find no numbers or other ID on this hull anywhere. Quick description, 14'length, 60" wide midship and 50" at the transom. There are 4 bench seats and 2 sets of oar locks.

So are there any Crestliner pros here?

Last edited by a moderator:

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Ideas, anyone?

As You can see the bench boxes go all the way to the bottom which all the pictures I've seen so far they do not. Then the knee brace, this has 1 and the brochures I've seen show 3 braces. Also appears to be on a very early 1950s Gator trailer.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Well still looking to ID this old boat. Seems it's not a Crestliner as they all have 3 knee braces though I have now seen a couple of pictures of some older Rich Line boats which looks to be a better match but still unable to find much on those either. Best I can tell it's a pre 1970's.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Richline was an affiliate brand of some makers, cant recall off hand, but IIRC, I've seen a boat that didnt quite fit Richline either that they initially thought was a Crestliner too.

Pre1970 is possible too, i dont recall many being made after the 60s w a thru the bottom of the hull scupper style bilge drain plug.....

Hmm, the bow and chine rivet lines plus angled transom caps look sort of like a Duracraft....

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
jb, Yes I see those same line features on the Crestliner Commander and a few of the old Cadillac and now the Rich Line. There is an old thread on tinboats that has one that looks very much the same with the 3 rivets on the side by the transom and 3 bolts along the corners on the transom that the transom wood is bolted thru. Agree that the scupper drain does kind of date this. My original thinking was and is mid 50's to early 60's build.

Anyhow this thing was a freebee of sorts, payment for helping a friend. They also had no idea of what it is as it was used on a pond for many years.So no registration and no hull numbers of any sort. Most likely long gone with the original transom wood.

Have also been in contact with the state and already have the paperwork to register it and have a new HID number issued. It isn't pretty but it also doesn't leak anywhere.