My stationary side windows have tiny spider cracks.

LeadingLady

Recruit
My stationary side windows have tiny spider cracks all over them. The cracks are on the outside only. Is this safe? Do I need to replace or can I repair them?

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard LL :welcome:

If you can, post a photo or two. Totally guessing - You're probably in the "need to replace" zone.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
plastic or glass? Either way probably not.

If glass, is flat and truly on just the outside it is laminates glass, like your car front windshield. No need to replace for safety just looks - but you will want to find out what is causing the glass to crack my guess would be it is a bit too large maybe as little as a 16th of an inch.

Got a buddy with a 32' Thompson and has curved plastic side windows. Again no safety issue just looks bad.

Bondo

Staff member
My stationary side windows have tiny spider cracks all over them. The cracks are on the outside only. Is this safe? Do I need to replace or can I repair them?

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,..... Are they Plastic, or Glass,..??

Are they Flat, or Curved,..??

If Plastic,... yer seein' sun burnt plastic,... replacement is 'bout the only option,....

If Glass,... it's Broken, 'n of course replacement is again yer only option,.....

If they're Flat panels,... No problem,....

If they're curved, yer pretty much outa luck, unless the Oem still stocks 'em,.....