Smart tabs on a Reinell 220lse

reinell220

Recruit
Hello everyone, I have a Reinell 220lse with a vp5.0 270hp. It has an integrated swim platform and I'm wonder if anyone would know if smart tabs fill fit properly on this boat. Any info would be helpful.
Thanks

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

We really need a picture of the transom to answer your question.

reinell220

Recruit
I will try and get some picks and post on here. I called nauticusic and they didn't have a spec of my transom so he wasn't for positive they could be mounted where they should.

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
Right... Get GOOD pics preferably with a tape measure or ruler in them for scale and email them to nauticus

The pics you posted don't even show the part of the boat the tabs would go on...

Last edited:

Maclin

Admiral
What condition are you trying to correct? That hull design has extended running surfaces and that is supposed to alleviate a lot of the negative characterisitcs that tabs are used to correct, just sayin'...

Tabman

iboats.com Partner
If your transom looks like this:

I don't think you will be able to mount any type of Trim Tabs outboard where they will do the most good.

You would have to mount them in the flat area where your speedo pick up and depth sounder transducer are in your photos.

And even if you mounted them there you need to leave space from the drive (around 8" from center line).

Watermann

Starmada Splash of the Year 2014
Whatever you do don't put one of those dolefin things on your LU. :nono:

You may end up having to prop her differently if tabs are a no go.

dizzy1

Seaman
I just put SX tabs on my 07 200LSE, the transom is similar and I was able to mount them so the tab was out as far as possible from the centerline and the shock assembly just cleared the bulge in the transom. Wish I had a pic for you. I was skeptical of them making a difference and drilling the transom. Took it out this weekend, boat pops right up when accelerating and stays on plane at a perfect speed now for wakeboarding. Didn't notice any speed drop/increase once trimmed correctly.