Recent Aftermarket Swim Platform Purchase

I recently purchased an aftermarket swim platform for swimplatformsuperstore.com for my 2004
bayliner 175. (I also purchased a Monster MTK tower, but that's another post.) I placed the order March 12th according to one of the employees, but it took several days for me to get that far. The week I was expecting shipment I called when Inhadnt received any update only to learn that the date provided was actually the "build date" and that "assembly" had to come next before "crating and shipping." I told the employee that the information seemed misleading and she confirmed that I would receive the shipment no later than the 17th. The item was supposed to ship on the 9th, but due to a swimplatformsuperstore.com error it did not ship until the 10th. When I called the third party logistics company that swimplatformsuperstore.com uses I couldn't get an answer on where the freight was. Remember this is 6 days after shipment. As it turned out the freight had be incorrectly billed by another employees at swimplatformsuperstore.com and no one was aware until I called to inquire. The freight company was awaiting a letter of authorization from an employee, but I was able to get the 3PL company to provide one. Both employees at swimplatformsuperstore.com are denying responsibility despite the irrefutable evidence. Please be cautious in your dealings. As I have yet to receive the platform, I will provide an update once I do.

Last edited by a moderator:

shrew

Lieutenant
I can imagine you' re frustrated, however non of this is really earth shattering. People do make mistakes. multiple mistakes compounding is certainly unusual, but I doubt it's indicative of some conspiracy. Stuff happens. Quite honestly, for what you're ordering, you have very high expectations of turn around time for delivery to begin with. Your not ordering a hat.

mattisonjr

Cadet
I got mine from swimplatforms.com. I too looked at swimplatformsuperstore but swimplatforms.com had four support instaed of 2. I also upgraded the boarding ladder to the self locking one. Installation was a pita to fit it to my boat, but, the final product is exactly what I wanted. When you receive yours (and I'm sure you will) you may have to scribe it some to get the fit you want. Good luck with it. Definitely helps with the safety factor when the kids are jumping off the back.

slag

Chief Petty Officer
I can imagine you' re frustrated, however non of this is really earth shattering. People do make mistakes. multiple mistakes compounding is certainly unusual, but I doubt it's indicative of some conspiracy. Stuff happens. Quite honestly, for what you're ordering, you have very high expectations of turn around time for delivery to begin with. Your not ordering a hat.

Hat or swimplatform, it doesn't matter.

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
I used Swimplatforms.com 12 years ago and dealt with the owner.He was fantastic!!! I would highly recommend.Made me a custom platform from my template and pictures.Came out perfect.Never asked me for a dime until he was ready to ship ...Very unusual and trusting. Better than perfect experience!! Pretty sure I posted some pics back the. Charlie