Tricks to removing through-hull transducer

superbenk

Commander
OH this is an in dash sounder then?..... In that case it MAY have been factory installed.

It was definitely factory installed as part of the dash cluster. It only reads something like 2.9' all the time. I'm thinking it's the transducer & after all this hassle I sure hope I'm right. All connections seem clean and solid...

superbenk

Commander
Am I missing something or is it kind of difficult to find Faria thru-hull transducers online? I see lots of transom mount & in-hull but having a hard time finding the thru-hull to simply replace what I currently have (DS0110A head unit - not sure which thru-hull transducer it is).

JoLin

Vice Admiral
There's a fair to middling chance your transducer was made by Airmar, though I can't find a cross-reference to any Faria gauges. If you can get a model number off the transducer instead of the head unit you'll probably have better luck. Alternatively, why not call Faria, ask what they used and if they have a replacement?

superbenk

Commander
There's a fair to middling chance your transducer was made by Airmar, though I can't find a cross-reference to any Faria gauges. If you can get a model number off the transducer instead of the head unit you'll probably have better luck. Alternatively, why not call Faria, ask what they used and if they have a replacement?

That's the conclusion I came to. Contacted Faria support & will see what they have to say.

Les Robb

Chief Petty Officer
If you can, use the old cable to fish the new one through the hidden access areas. Assuming your going to mount the unit in the same area.

Les Robb

Chief Petty Officer
Oops, forget my post, after I went to page two I saw it has been taken care of.