Infant Life Vest

Trim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but wasn't for sure where else to put it.

My wife and I are due in about 10 days. We do alot of boating and want to take our son out in the coming months. I've done alot of research on different vests, stearns, naya, stohlquist, to name a few. They all seem to have good reviews but just like everything some people dont like them as well. Wanted to gain some expert advise from some fellow iboaters and see what you all recommend.

Ryan50

Petty Officer 2nd Class
My last 2 little ones used the Biolite infant vest from a mail order place that begins in "O". It did the job well at a reasonable price. Congratulations on your new addition.

Last edited:

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral
image_217910.jpg Mine both used the same Speedo life jacket. They both spent most of their time in it asleep, so it couldn't have been that uncomfortable...

redmen62

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm going to second the mustang vests. my little cousins all had them... they're a great quality (the same 2 or 3 jackets made their way around to 5 different little cousins over the course of 10 or so years), are very highly rated, and have a great reputation. I work part time at a boating retail store doing sales and also look at some store metrics and analytics, and recently looked at all the kids PFDs we've sold over the last 3 years to see what sells best and all sizes of mustang PFDs made about a little over half of all sales (out of 5 different options). Sales volume counts for something

Trim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the added help guys. I'll do some more research on the mustang, speedo, and biolite vest and try to make a decision