Need help locating other rare 1980 MFG's

lscottk

Cadet
I own a 1980 MFG Piper, Silver Anniversary edition. I've been trying to find a dealer, owner, anybody who has one of these to compare notes and info.
Is this boat truly rare or am I looking in the wrong places.

shrew

Lieutenant
MFG was a common manufacturer for that time period. I wouldn't call an MFG "rare". There are some around. However, in the case of most boats, even a lack of them out there rarely makes them collectable.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Visit Fiberglassics.com. You should find everything you need there.

1980 MFG's may be a bit on the rare side. That was long past their heyday. By then their business was on a decline and they didn't sell too many.

lscottk

Cadet
Yes Sir, I even have that brochure. I have the OB Version. Ever seen one?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Nope ... So I guess you'll need to post up some pics ! :joyous:
Does your have the cool disco pit up front ! :D

Last edited:

lscottk

Cadet
Trying to decide to keep it or not. Knee issues makes getting in and out a little difficult.

southkogs

Staff member
If that's a recent photo, then the boat is in nice shape: and that's a great outboard. In terms of being "rare," she may be rare ... but that doesn't translate to value in boats the way it does in cars.

You'll be able to sell it more based on condition, than on the rarity of the brand or the model.

lscottk

Cadet
Thanks for the insight. I'd still like to connect with a current or previous owner. Been trailerboating this rig for 30+ years, all inland lakes and have never run accross one even remotely close. So if anybody runs into one, I would appreciate you sending him/her my way.
The weather is supposed to cooperate this weekend, maybe I'll roll her out of the garage for some fresh on the trailer pics.
Thanks again....