I just aquired a boat that looks like batmans car????

oneribshyguy

Cadet
I just bought this boat that looks like bat mans car with High wings going to stern. I have oregon numbers but the marine board is closed to verify her manufacture Anybody tell me what her brand and year might be? sorry no pics yet..

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
got any pics? lots of boats with fins in the 50s. look on the inside of the transom, upper left corner or back side of the dash.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Yep, going to need a LOT more info or some pix from several different angles.

Tin, fiberglass or wooden boat? Length?

You might get lucky looking thru the pix in the library here and stumble on a boat that's similar.

Unfortunately, there are hundreds of boat makers that left little or no records behind for us to dig thru, so you might never ID it. Some only made 1 prototype and never built any boats for sale.

Look for a copy of Peter Hunn's book

Tail fins and Two-tones

It might have info that isn't online

It's also possible that a previous owner modified the boat

Lets see some pix of this finned mystery boat and good luck w/ your project

jbcurt00

Staff member
The pix is probably too large for the forum's uploader

I use a 3rd party pix hosting site, photobucket, its free and i can post pix IN my posts rather then as an attachment that has to be opened to be viewed

At photobucket, each pix is assigned an IMG code. Just copy the IMG code for the pix you want to post, then paste it in your replies.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
If the file extension is .jpeg, they won't upload, that is not a recognized extension in most of the forum software, you need to change it to .jpg then the forum should accept the pictures, or you can place them on a secondary hosting service like photobucket and then use the link feature of the image upload.

jbcurt00

Staff member
Thanks MT, good catch

One: try that 1st, if they still wont post, reduce their size.

I still prefer photobucket for the posting reason i posted before: uploaded pix have to be opened, PB hosted pix dont.

Last edited:

redmen62

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I'm curious to see this batmobile boat... any luck with the pics?