Bow guard

rhino_160

Seaman
Hey all, been looking for a bow guard that goes on the bow just above the bow hook so when the boat is on the trailer it doesn't get scuffed up. My issue is on my 2007 Tahoe 222 the bow is not smooth, the body has two small humps if you will that are built into the hull so ordering a standard stainless guard will not work as they are flat. I understand they can be bent for the hull (more or less "v") but the two humps would cause a gap. Any ideas??? Thanks all

rhino_160

Seaman
Thanks for the tip but still looking for one. Anyone know where to get one that may be rubber to accommodate the two humps? Thanks

Expidia

Commander
Without seeing a pic of your set up its hard to suggest anything. But I had a similar problem with my cheap black OEM roller that came on my sholande'r trailer. I found the black on marred up my finish and started wearing away the paint.

My solution was to use those yellow bow roller (not the cheap ones) they seem softer and don't seem to wear the finish.
One other thing that helped was using a bow strap tie down that uses a bolt on the trailer frame that holds the winch post and the other end hooks thru the bow eyelet that the winch strap hooks into.

This strap not only provides another level of safety, but it stops the bow from bouncing and wearing the paint away.
Make sure your winch strap is under the roller (not over it)
You might have to enlarge the pic to see it, but west marine carries them or maybe even walmart.

PS . .. I've never heard of a "riller" either :confused: (wasn't that a michael jackson song)

rhino_160

Seaman
My main reason for wanting one is the previous owner let the bow u-bolt get loose and obviously continued to tighten the strap with loose bolt thus causing some slight hairline fractures in the gel coat. I primarily want the bow protector to cover these eye sores, not so much for the protection.

redmen62

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Unless you're really pretty talented at metal work, I would think the "2 humps" on your bow would cause a pretty big challenge to get one to fit right. It wouldn't surprise me though if there's a direct fit either from Tahoe or from some other OEM maker

theBrownskull

Chief Petty Officer
I have the Tahoe 216 and I used the large stainless scuff guard. I do not know how similar yours bow is to mine. I carefully bent it little by little, with the adhesive still covered, until it fit. Works good and has been on it for 3 years. Or use matching vinyl decal material and then cover it with 3M protective film.