Can I convert my lund tiller to a console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigertank

Cadet
I have a 1998 lund pro v 1775 with a 75 honda tiller, do they make or a used one possible to convert it to a steering console? Thanks, Al.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
The cleanest and cheapest way to do this would be to find a damaged Lund (your model) and extract the console and all it's contents and install it in your boat. You would need the Honda remote controls and electrical harness for your engine. Option two, and more expensive, is to contact Lund and see if they have any consoles in stock for your boat. You again need all the instruments, steering components and cables as well as the engine harness and controls. Obviously that is all new stuff and expense goes up. Third, you can buy a generic console (probably right here on iBoats) but it will not be an exact fit and would likely involve a lot more work. Again, all the accessories are needed. The next option is you can build a console if you have the tools and ability. Finally, the simplest is to simply buy a side console Lund, new or used and install your existing engine and sell your current boat. In my view the best route is to sell the entire boat with motor and buy a newer or new boat of the style you want.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Any of the above options except boat replacement would require extensive rewiring since all of the controls for lights, bilge pump, gauges, and live wells would be at the console.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
As Silvertip said, everything is possible. It all comes down to how much do you want to spend to do this and would it be cost effective.

Jeep Man

Commander
Am I missing something here? Maybe it's because I have done so much wiring of houses, cars, boats, surveillance systems, alarms and so on that wiring is all the same to me. If the connections are in place in the motor and the throttle and gear connections are there, pretty much any console, new, used or homemade could be set up with a little bit of modification in my opinion. Light wiring and fuses can be relocated. It will take some time and patience and the more you can do, the less it will cost. Your hard costs will be your console, shift and throttle cables of the proper length and of course a Teleflex steering system

Teamster

Lieutenant Commander
Why would you want a steering wheel in a Lund 1775??

That is one of the finest fishing tiller boats ever made,.....

Status
Not open for further replies.