Tracker Jon boat registration help!!!

Slebaron

Cadet
Hey guys new here would like to try to get some info. I recently purchased a 10' tracker 1032 Jon boat for a great price. Only problem is the guy could not locate the title for me. I am trying to get it registered however I am having an issue trying to read the HIN on the back of the boat. From what I have found most are 12 digits long but mine seems to be a little different. Can someone help me identify this? Thanks!!!

NYBo

Admiral
Welcome to iboats!:welcome:

You DO have a 12-character HIN. The ninth is just not embossed correctly. It appears to be a "1".

southkogs

Staff member
Well, since NYBo typed what I was gonna' type ... I'll just type: Welcome aboard :)

Slebaron

Cadet
Thanks guys! Do you think the ninth digit is a "1" or an "I" ?? I would rather not have to pay twice in order to get this thing registered. Thanks!

southkogs

Staff member
Most likely a 1. You may want to run a check through Tracker and see if the HIN matches their records. Dunno' if they'll do that, but it's worth a shot.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
The prior owner should be able to get a duplicate title. This is why I walk away if a seller cannot produce a valid title. It is simply not worth the hastle.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I would get a hold of tracker their contact information is here:

http://www.trackerboats.com/about/contact.cfm

They have a live chat as well as the normal avenues of contact, let them know what you have and include the picture of you HIN plate and they should be able to fill in the blank spot.

I bought a boat last summer without a title and was able to get a hold of the company and they provided a statement to me for the boat so I could get a new title and it was a 1967 model. So with your boat being newer, I am sure Tracker has the information.

oldjeep

Admiral
Thanks guys! Do you think the ninth digit is a "1" or an "I" ?? I would rather not have to pay twice in order to get this thing registered. Thanks!

Has to be a capital letter I (i) the number 1 makes no sense and would be an invalid HIN

The HIN or CIN you have entered meets the Current-Format HIN format. It might also be a type that contains the country code and thus the boat comes from USA or Other . The serial number of the HIN is 69471 and is set by the boat builder. This boat or vessel has a Certification Date of (6) and a Model Year of 07 with month of build (September) based on the formatting of your hull_identification_number (HIN) .​
The manufacturer identification code (MIC) of your craft identification number (CIN or HIN) is BUJ. This MIC (BUJ) stands for the company name Tracker Marine Group L.p. which is currently In Business. This boat manufacturer has other company names (BUJ sometimes goes by these name(s) Bass Tracker Corp, Fisher, Marine Group Llc, or Mako Marine.​