raise your hand if you are an idiot

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
We used to have a small 14 foot travel trailer, that had two nice windows in the front about the sofa, I towed it with a full sized Bronco, if I remember correctly, I replace one side of that window 5 times while I owned it, those short wheel based vehicles can trick you when backing them up!

milehighjc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Been there. Cleaned the Crownie up last fall, winterized it, pulled the battery to put it on the tender. Then towed it off to my storage spot, and realized i could not drop the drive because I had pulled the battery (SMH). Went back to the house, retrieved the battery set it in place, carefully checking the way I put it in so that the polarity would be right. Went to hook it up and realized I had not set if far enough back - rotated it 90 degrees, and pushed it back. Hooked up the cables and started to drop the drive, and the buddy who is helping me yells "SMOKE"! Knew right away that I had hooked the battery up backwards, and won the idiot of the year award. $200, some wrench time, and one alternator later, all seems well (pending startup this spring). I can laugh at how stupid I am, after all, I have spent 55 years honing my stupidity.