Bimini Top-----fabric/canvas only needed.

kirk b

Cadet
Hi all. Can someone point me in the right direction in purchasing the fabric only, without framing. Here on iboats and many others, it looks like they sell the whole package. I just need the fabric...my framing is in good condition. Thanks.

Thalasso

Commander
Take what you have to a canvas shop and have it made. You will have to put your own snaps on to make it fit right. Get Sunbrella fabric

FrizFreleng

Seaman
Same situation this winter. Also had difficulty finding a pre-sewn fabric only store. My solution was to have a top made by a local upholsterer. I purchased Sunbrella material which I believe is the top material available. At least by price - almost $20/yd. Gave her my old bimini, the new material and $170. In a couple of weeks I had a new, perfectly fitted bimini. I am not sure if the Sunbrella is worth the cost though. You can find different bimini top material for half that price. My last (first) bimini from the Landau factory lasted 15 years. Which gives me an idea, contact your boat manufacturer and present them your problem.

Fair winds and following seas, Friz

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
If there is a tag from the original canvas, give the original manufacturer a call.

what kind of boat? Dow Canvas in Manitowoc Wisconsin, or Great Lakes Boat Top company in Vonore Tennessee are the OEM canvas suppliers for many boats.

kirk b

Cadet
"Westland" is the tag on old cover. Their site just routes you to their sellers (iboats, Bass Pro, etc). I'll give them a call though. It's a 1987 Winner 18.5 Center Console. Just got it last week. Thanks all.

shrew

Lieutenant
Call a canvas person to make one up. This is what they do. Unless the boat is 1-5 years old you will have a very difficult, if not impossible time finding 'factory' canvas. This isn't like buying a bed liner or floor mats.