Livewell Pump Replacement On 2001 Nitro 185 Sport

anthonyz

Recruit
I got a 2001 Nitro 185 Sport fish and ski about a year ago and the livewell pumps don't work. I looked in the hatches and I am not sure where the pumps are. they look like they may be all the way down by the bottom of the hull. If that's the case, I'm not quite sure how I am supposed to access them to replace them. Has anyone else replaced the livewell pumps on this model?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I got a 2001 Nitro 185 Sport fish and ski about a year ago and the livewell pumps don't work. I looked in the hatches and I am not sure where the pumps are. they look like they may be all the way down by the bottom of the hull. If that's the case, I'm not quite sure how I am supposed to access them to replace them. Has anyone else replaced the livewell pumps on this model?

You stated "pumps" and not just one pump. Are you sure you don't have fuses or breakers popped or not working? Check for good fuses and voltage on the wires leading to the live well pump(s) and verify you are applying the proper voltage (and grounds) before ripping them out to replace. The fact that you have more then one pump not working seems to be a little suspicious. Not saying it can't happen, but two at the same time seems odd...