Larson speedometer

keith427

Cadet
I have a 2002 Larson LXI190 with volvo penta drive. The plastic piece on the rear of the boat that holds the wheel for the speedometer broke in the fall. I can't seem to find a replacement on Iboats or others. Any suggestions?

Chad Flaugher

Petty Officer 1st Class
I picked one up at our local boat store for $14. It's universal, so your make doesn't really matter. They are a dime a dozen on ebay. Just search speedometer pickup. I would think iboats would have them, but I couldn't see one either.

keith427

Cadet
The problem with that is mine had a wheel that spun. I'm sure it probably had a magnetic pickup. I beleive it also works my depth gauge.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
If the paddlewheel was OEM from Larson, you might try a seller of OEM stuff. I've found Larson gear at Great Lakes Skipper in the past. (Contact them if you don't see it on the web site.) If the paddlewheel was part of an add-on, just figure out who makes the speedo/depth finder and check them out.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
The problem with that is mine had a wheel that spun. I'm sure it probably had a magnetic pickup. I beleive it also works my depth gauge.

Now that's a more complete explanation. Its probably an after-market depth finder. Contact the manufacturer of your unit for replacement parts. But just be aware that parts for a unit that old might be hard to come by. New depth finders are pretty cheap these days - it usually is more cost effective to replace the whole thing since the transducer / wheel is probably 70% of the cost of a whole new unit..