salvage yards

studders

Petty Officer 2nd Class
hello to all, I was just wondering if there is such places called salvage yards. You can go look at around pull parts that you need from boats that are junk but still have some good engine parts or anything inside of the boat. I live in Bright, Indiana. Its about 25 minutes west of Cincinnati. If anyone knows anywhere around there or something else like that, that would be great. I go to the junkyard all the time for parts for my vehicles and was just curious if there were places like that for boats. Thanks again

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
There are a few in Wisconsin and a few down here in Florida

studders

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks. I'll do some more internet searches for my area and also some websites.

64osby

Admiral
The is one in Coldwater MI but word has it they are pretty pricey.

Think it is Hildebrands.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
The largest outboard engine salvage yard I've ever seen is Twin Cities Outboards in Shakopee, MN. When I say they have a mountain of outboards out back, I mean it. Good source for used engines and parts.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I would imagine there are lots of such places scattered all over the country. I have one within ten miles of where I live and There are others as well I'm sure. If you can find what you are looking for but have to travel a little distance, then maybe that would solve your needs. JMHO!

JaCrispy

Petty Officer 1st Class
The is one in Coldwater MI but word has it they are pretty pricey.

Think it is Hildebrands.

I not only found most of those places pricey, but hard to deal with.

I called one in NJ a little while back for a used exhaust part, quoted me $100 at first, "fine." Called me back and said $225. I told him forget it, they are $125 shipped all day long on Ebay. Then he started back pedaling down to $125 and I still told him forget it.