1986 Bayliner contessa 2850 sunbridge

sme5

Cadet
Hello I am looking to purchase a 1986 Bayliner contessa 2850 sunbridge. I am looking for any good/bad pros/cons on this boat. I am just upgrading from a 23' sea ray to this. The boat has a brand new 5.7 merc in it. Any info on this would be greatly appreciated

sme5

Cadet
No going to check it out tonight. Just looking for some info or experience people have had with this style boT

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
I had a 2550 and 3470 - the 2550 would be closest to what you are looking at.

I've been on a couple and like layout/function - always have liked the Bayliners. If new power that is great and HOPEfully it was checked for rot when replaced.. If you are going to trailer big diff to a 23'. I've heard that they are a bit underpowered, especially if only a 5.7 in it but then again not looking to break speed records just get somewhere. You will for sure need functioning tabs.

Last edited:

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
That is a lot of boat for a single engine.Forget about power for a minute....those boats with a single engine are extremely difficult to maneuver/back into a dock space.They are very prone to the wind pushing the bow and with only 1 drive you cannot counter the wind effectively.Charlie