Adhesive Sellant to replace Black Plastic Trim around my Winshield

HPLou

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I cannot find a replacement Windshield Trim, my boat is a 1989, so I will use Black Adhesive Seallant.
What Product should I buy to do the job?

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
A pic of the area would help,but it it's the bottom where the trim meets the hull,Lifeseal is always my choice. It comes in white or black,and stays put,doesn't yellow like other products,and in the same hand it'seasily removable.

Bondo

Staff member
A pic of the area would help,but it it's the bottom where the trim meets the hull,Lifeseal is always my choice. It comes in white or black,and stays put,doesn't yellow like other products,and in the same hand it'seasily removable.

Ayuh,..... 'n if ya mean the glazing that holds the glass into the frames,.....

Taylor-made probably still stocks the stuff,..... google 'em,....

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral
I think ANY adhesive would be a BAD idea..... let's try to help you find the correct pieces

wrench 3

Commander
If it does become impossible to get the proper molding and it is used to hold the glass in place I'd use the adhesive that they use to glue the windshields into cars. I can't remember what it's called off hand but you can by it off of most automotive jobbers in a calking tube.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Just rembered,I had to get some trim for mine,Taylor had me look at the windshield,sitting in the passenger seat,at the bottom of the frame there is a serial number. Mine is a decal,luckily it's still there. Even though they said the number is no longer helping much we were able to find the proper trim.

doyall

Petty Officer 1st Class
If it does become impossible to get the proper molding and it is used to hold the glass in place I'd use the adhesive that they use to glue the windshields into cars. I can't remember what it's called off hand but you can by it off of most automotive jobbers in a calking tube.

Butyl rubber.

Blind Date

Chief Petty Officer
Have you contacted the windshield manufacturer? I suspect it is a Taylor Made or possibly Hehr. Don't bother with the boat manufacturer. I wouldn't replace a molding with a sealant. What happens next time you need to work on it? Are you talking about the molding at the bottom of the windshield that covers the screws which attach the aluminum frame to the boat? It is not very clear to me what your trying to fix.